cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber custom tab web links ignore default browser and launch in IE

schm196
Level 1
Level 1

I created a simple web page to display in a custom tab in Jabber 11.9.3 -- all looks great and works great, with one annoying exception.

Most of our desktop computers run Windows 10 and have Edge, IE and Chrome installed, with Chrome being the local default browser.  However, any web pages that I try to open from links within the custom tab web page in Jabber with target "_blank" (basically, outside in a new browser) open in IE instead of the local Windows system's default browser.

I understand that Jabber internally uses the IE engine for rendering; fine.  However, is there no way to trick or coerce the Jabber custom tab web page links to open in the proper local default browser?

This is not a cosmetic issue -- we use the Jabber custom tab to present links to our IT Helpdesk, where most forms were created using MachForm with lots of logic and conditions.  IE is the only browser that can't handle MachForm properly.

Any tips would be appreciated!

Matthias

Clipboard01.jpg

1 Reply 1

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you can try a later release I believe post 12.0 the internal browser is WebKit based and no longer IE? 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: