cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Deskphone and Computer Control Hooks

Jim Jones
Level 4
Level 4

This is most likely going to fall under the category of a brain squeeze, but I've got 2 ongoing issues with Jabber phone capabilities.  In one case a user has 2 computers show up as options for phone control.  One is as expected, the other is for that of another user/extension.  In the 2nd case the user has Deskphone control as an option but when selected it does the "Selecting Phone..." thing but then reverts back to Computer mode.  Can somebody give me the basic steps of of where the hooks into which computers and desk phones should be available are?  I feel like I've check them all in both cases but my guess is there is a place I am missing.  

We are running CUCM 9.1 and Jabber 9.6.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Amit Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

-> All the queries you have raised requires you to check for the end user settings in call manager administration page.

-> Goto cucm admin page\ user management\end user\ search for end user in question; and check under controlled device section; you will 2 CSF devices selected for this user; all you need to do is that you need to uncheck the CSF device that this user is not going to use; and keep just the one that he needs.

-> As far as your second question is concerned make sure that you ensure you have selected the appropriate desk phone under the same controlled device section of this end user page.

Also make sure in the same end user page the following option is checked;

"Allow Control of Device from CTI"; the same option is also supposed to be checked in the "phone configuration" page of the same desk phone device.

once the above discussed changes are made make the end user exit out of jabber and log in again; this should now give you the appropriate result in the phone control section.

please rate if this helps.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Amit Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

-> All the queries you have raised requires you to check for the end user settings in call manager administration page.

-> Goto cucm admin page\ user management\end user\ search for end user in question; and check under controlled device section; you will 2 CSF devices selected for this user; all you need to do is that you need to uncheck the CSF device that this user is not going to use; and keep just the one that he needs.

-> As far as your second question is concerned make sure that you ensure you have selected the appropriate desk phone under the same controlled device section of this end user page.

Also make sure in the same end user page the following option is checked;

"Allow Control of Device from CTI"; the same option is also supposed to be checked in the "phone configuration" page of the same desk phone device.

once the above discussed changes are made make the end user exit out of jabber and log in again; this should now give you the appropriate result in the phone control section.

please rate if this helps.