cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Directory Mac vs. Windows

jbillingsley
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know of a way to have the MAC Jabber client look at the corporate directory on Call Manager? I can do this on the Windows client by setting the Directory paramater in the jabber-config.xml file.

This wouldn't be an issue if on the LDAP configuration for directory search on CUP you could implement a search filter. This is possible in CUCM and CUCN, but for some reason Cisco decided to leave it out here. So when I do a search in my MAC Jabber client I see all sorts of fun service and admin accounts.

Any help would be appericated!

-Jake

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

In v7 it was possible to add a filter - have you tried this?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/presence.html#wp1084996

Re: using the corporate dir, Jabber for Win can use UDS, but mac cannot as far as I'm aware... I'm sure a future version will.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

In v7 it was possible to add a filter - have you tried this?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/presence.html#wp1084996

Re: using the corporate dir, Jabber for Win can use UDS, but mac cannot as far as I'm aware... I'm sure a future version will.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron,

Thanks for the great link! I'll try that out today and see what happens. I guess from my experience with CUCM and CUCN, I'm used to the filter being a separate parameter instead of including it within the search context.

-Jake

jbillingsley
Level 1
Level 1

Aaron,

That worked, thanks for the link. I like how it's documented in the SRND. A very Cisco way to document that.

For the recoerd, we're using CUP 8.6(3) and I used this search context:

DC=xxxx,DC=xxxx;&(objectclass=user)(ipPhone=*)

-Jake

Hi Jake

Glad you have it fixed...

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...