cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Display Name

Matthew S
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all I have a small problem and I can't seem to find out through the parameter guide, feature guide, and admin guide how to fix my Display name issue. I think I'm just missing something and it's probably an easy fix but figured I'd ask.  

My jabber for windows only display my userid and the @ symbol so it looks like this "msmith@" in the top left hand corner of jabber. 

Specifications: 

CUCM 11.5 SU3 

Jabber 12.0.0 Build 61695

Phone only mode no IMP

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Declare a presence domain in the jabber-config.xml file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<config version="1.0">
 <Presence>
   <PresenceDomain>yourdomain.com</PresenceDomain>
 </Presence>
</config>

Add that to the existing jabber-config.xml (or use the above if you don't have one), upload it via the OS GUI, restart the TFTP service, and then restart Jabber.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Declare a presence domain in the jabber-config.xml file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<config version="1.0">
 <Presence>
   <PresenceDomain>yourdomain.com</PresenceDomain>
 </Presence>
</config>

Add that to the existing jabber-config.xml (or use the above if you don't have one), upload it via the OS GUI, restart the TFTP service, and then restart Jabber.

Shoot, knew it would be something simple I missed. That worked perfectly. Thanks!

FWIW: I discovered that trick via Google as it was not at all clear in the Cisco documentation. You didn't miss anything, it just wasn't there.

Glad it worked!

Makes all this more fun I suppose

Thank you so much!

I spent a couple of hours trying to fix this and was happy with the outcome of userid@yourdomain.com.

On adding the xml, it did one better and UDS started working.

Got same problem.
Solved by this parameter into jabber-config.xml.

Thanks !
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: