cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

jabber error code cj:109:3

ra 011
Level 1
Level 1

jabber cannot control my desk phone and it appears an error code cj:109:3 with unable to connect

43 Replies 43

this jabber is really pain of a... only 10 people use it in our office from 300, but I need to spend weeks to fix its problems .  Sometimes problems fixed by deleting local jabber folder, another time by restarting IM&P server, another time no way to fix. I still have an issue when jabber cant switch to deskphone mode with 8845 phone but I just give up, I just stopped to use it, stopped to react users complain about this problem , I tell them : its cisco bug and cant be fixed, just use ur phone. 

What was the solution to your problem?  We're having the exact issue, we were working fine, and have this problem now, thanx.

Thank you for your resolution. It works!

are you using cloud based webex connect or an on prem IMP / CUPS solution ?

no

Do the phone services connect when you start jabber then fail when you swap from desk phone to computer ?

no

Can you attach a screenshot here?If it's a problem with Deskphone control,knowing the device model and firmware details will help.Is the CCM server enabled for both LDAP Sync and Auth?

Sankar

Cisco TAC

sorry for delay ( been on holiday )

can you confirm that the user is associated with the line and that the DN has both the UDP and the CSF as associated devices

on another note -

the problem i face is different in that when Jabber starts the csf does register in CUCM. When i change this to use phone for calls that also works (no problems so far) the issue is when i try then to change back to use computer for calls - this is when the CSF does not register again and gives the error code CJ:109:3 - this code is not very helpful as it signifies an unknown error ?

also note that when i exit from Jabber whilst i am using the deskphone to make calls and the phone services for that are connected ok - i then log back into jabber and neither the deskphone or softphone have a connected status.  sometimes (but not every time) there is a red cross on the phone icon and i have to manually select use my computer / deskphone for calls for either of them to get a connected status.

sometimes when i log back on after exiting whilst using the deskphone for calls the deskphone will be connected ok again and i can then change to use my computer for calls and the CSF will register (once) if i then try and change back to phone and then back to computer i get the 109 error.

this appears to be arbitrary

regards

oliverpowell
Level 1
Level 1

Have you found a solution for this?

We are seeing a similar problem with users and the 7821 SIP phones. There are no differences with how users, UDPs and devices are setup. But some users are able to control their device via CTI, others are not with the error CJ:109:3

This sounds like it could be a PC issue. The users have a mixture of WIN7 and 8.1, both can control and both cannot.

Any ideas?

Oli

we have a webex connect presence solution but managed by our engineers in japan so I cannot tell you if there were any significant changes there other than  I got them to allow us to manually select the TFTP, CCMCIP and CTI servers on the jabber client.

I also updated all the jabber client CSFs with a new SIP profile with the 3 bottom SDP info settings ticked. this was the same sip profile used on our sip trunk to our Japan cluster.

At the same time I updated the device pool that the CSFs are in to have the same CUCM group, MRGL, region and location that my sip trunk to our japan cluster was also in. (this was more to do with having multiple jabber clients being able to call into a TP MCU in Japan but it may have played a part in rectifying our connection error)

These actions have possibly rectified our issue but as I said I do not have any information regarding changes that may have been made on webex connect by our engineers in Japan who I know were working with the cisco vendor there.

Hope some of this helps.

jdornberger2013
Level 1
Level 1

Replaced several 6945 and 8945 with 8845 phones and Jabber is "unable to connect" (CJ:109:3) to the new phones (the users were already using Jabber on their old deskphones).

it seems there is a bug with 88xx phones so that they lose connectivity to the network every now and then. upgrade to the latest fw version in order to fix this...

------- have a look to my blog lgrconsulting.com

LopezElias189
Level 1
Level 1

I had this error also it turned out to be an issue with the Windows Firewall. To test it I disabled the Firewall. I was able to connect using Jabber and share my Desktop. So I re-enabled the Firewall and added Jabber to the exceptions and it is all working now. 

ra 011
Level 1
Level 1

now this error appears and it doesn't make any effect and jabber works fine but be sure that

you csf ,ip phone and your directory number are associated with a user

i didn't make any thing else

Piyush Bhatt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi have  the same problem too, it appears an error code cj:109:3 with unable to connect, i upgraded the Jabber client from 11.1.2 to 11.5 , we running version 9 in ucm and jabber,

But its strange if i logon to my friends machine it works but when i logon on to my machine it do not work.

Anthony Watt
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having this same issue in our environment. CUCM 11.1 running mainly Jabber 10.6 but I've pushed out 11.1 to our IT department.  Also using phones 7945 or 8841.  Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Connected Xfer and conf" and "Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Rollover Mode" roles have been setup for those using the 8841 phones.  Has anyone found a solution for this yet?  It's sporadic. 

We had a similar issue, since we use LDS/ADAM none of the below workaround on GC ports, LDAP filters, etc. where applicable.

The workaround was to set SELinux to permissive mode using "utils os secure permissive"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: