Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows and "old" Click-to-Call

cdemont
Level 1
Level 1

Good evening,

Is someone able to tell me what is the status of Jabber for windows and the "Click to Call" feature.

Before Jabber, you could install the standalone click to call client for windows to have the feature, then whith CUPC you had to use the embedded click to call software to have the feature, but now with Jabber, you have the TEL: and ClickToCall: via an HTML page, but what about Microsoft Office integration like before (word, outlook etc...)

I could not find any clear information about it.

Is it still supported to have the standalone Click to Call software installed with also Jabber for Windows or not ?

Thank you for your answer,

Regards,

Christophe

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can't install them on the same PC as they will interfer with each other.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

coflaher
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Jabber client shows the native office C2X functionality.

ie If you hover over a contact you can call/im the contact using this window.

Yes, but you cant click a telephone number on a web page, for example, using Jabber.

So its not the same as the click to call widget, where this was supported, correct?

That's exactly my question. As you said the current native implementation of C2X on Jabber does not have the same features than the old click-to-call where you could underline any number in an application (like word, excel) and do a call.

So my question is, if you want to have to full features of C2X, is it supported to install the old click-to-call on the same PC than the Jabber client ? Or is there any conflict that prevents the click-to-call from working ?

Thank you,

Christophe

You can't install them on the same PC as they will interfer with each other.