Jabber for windows - Desktop share greyed out

J_Vansen_S
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All,

* CUCM9.0.1.10000-37

*  CUCMIMP9.0.1.10000-21

* Cisco Jabber Windows 9.1.1

I have followed the Jabber guide to install the cmterm-bfcp-e.8-6-2.cop.sgn; though it is stated as for cucm8.6.2

Not quite sure if it is needed in CUCM9, since is not documented anywhere. i installed it anyway

-Restarted the CUCM

-Created another SIP profile(since doc mentioned not to use the default SIP profile) and selected Allow bfcp

-On phone- CSF selected the dedicated SIP profile and allow bfcp

I have done the above configurations but my share desktop is still greyed out.

Please advise; on what else i have missed.

Message was edited on April 19, 2013:  Lisa Marcyes from the Cisco Collaboration Community Team added community category and tags for greater ease in filtering (no change to content).

3 Replies 3

mulkeyinc
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue for me but in my environment CUCM is 8.6.2 SU2 and CUPS is 8.6.3. Followed all the steps in the doc and 'Share Desktop' is greyed out on Jabber clients with 'Use Computer' selected as CTI device (CSF softphone).

Has anyone been able to get this to work?

mulkeyinc
Level 1
Level 1

Nevermind, I was able to get it working in my environment. Missed the part about needing an active call going between two Jabber softphones before sharing desktop is available.

Yes in cup mode that's needed there is a request to change that behavior but no dates committed

You can however make it work in cloud mode without an active call if that's important for you

Thanks

Srini