Jabber for Windows - periodically tries to re-install and fails

gb-fairchild
Level 1
Level 1

Jabber 9.1

CUCM 7.1.3

Windows 7 32 bit

Cisco Presence   8.0.2.10000-30

Jabber for windows - periodically tries to re-install and fails. After install Jabber works for awhile but then when trying to open another program(Outlook, IE Explorer) it tries to re-install.  If I go to the directory where the install files are and do repair it works.  This seems like a conflict with another application.

I see this in the Windows application event log:

Detection of product '{4EB9D7DD-65B5-44ED-B877-CE3EF9B4530F}', feature 'Cisco_Jabber_Files', component '{7CB949BE-2270-4992-9C4C-8FDDB90F6FE2}' failed. The resource 'C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber\JabberMeeting\DesktopShare\atgpcdec.dll' does not exist.

Jabber 9.1

CUCM 7.1.3

Windows 7 32 bit

Cisco Presence   8.0.2.10000-30

3 Replies 3

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Do you have WebEx Productivity plugin installed on the  machine? I can reproduce this problem after exiting Jabber, creating a  One-click meeting from Outlook and restarting Jabber. Please provide  further information to help me open a defect.

- What was the version of Jabber on this machine prior to 9.1.0?

- What is the version of the WebEx productivity tool plugin (if it is installed)?

- Is there a particular sequence that you can follow to reproduce it everytime?

Thanks,

Maqsood

I have re-opened an existing defect (CSCtz84051) to track this problem.

Thanks,

Maqsood

I did as you suggested - quit Jabber, opened a one-click from Outlook and then tried to start Jabber again.  I got the same error as noted above.  Is there a work-around for this?

Thanks,

Bill