cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows - Phone Numbers in Profile

srichardson
Level 4
Level 4

I have successfully configured a global jabber-config.xml file, but it seems my Jabber client (version 9.1.1) will only show 2 phone numbers when you right-click and "View Profile". I can see the 3 numbers when you pull down the dropdown on the contact to make a call, however . I can go back and forth amongst the "telephoneNumber", "ipPhone", and "mobile" attributes from the AD server, but never all three at once in the "View Profile".

Here is my xml file and what I see in Jabber, below that. Can I get 3 numbers to show? How, or why not?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<config version="1.0">

<Client>

</Client>

<Directory>

<DirectoryServerType>EDI</DirectoryServerType>

<BusinessPhone>ipPhone</BusinessPhone>

<MobilePhone>mobile</MobilePhone>

<OtherPhone>telephoneNumber</OtherPhone>

</Directory>

<Options>

</Options>

<Policies>

</Policies>

</config>

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Jabber Windows does not have the UI for "OtherPhone" to display in profile window. As a workaround you could change the mapping to "HomePhone" to see the third number in profile window e.g.

telephoneNumber

Thanks,

Maqsood

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Jabber Windows does not have the UI for "OtherPhone" to display in profile window. As a workaround you could change the mapping to "HomePhone" to see the third number in profile window e.g.

telephoneNumber

Thanks,

Maqsood

Hi Maqsood,

I have the same issue with CUCILync v9.2.  Only the work phone number is shown under "view profile".  Under "call" option, only work and other phone number are shown.  Please see the attached image.

Do you know why?

Here is my xml config:

EDI   

ipPhone

mobile

telephoneNumber

Thank you.

Hi ,

Even we were facing the same issue when the  DirectoryServerType was EDI .

We have changed EDI to UDS . Post changes we are able to see all 3 contacts on my jabber client.

Pls changed the DirectoryServerType to UDS and map the attributes to it .

You can use below link to jenerate new jabber-config.xml file with UDS directory type.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-25778

with UDS, CUCILync gets contact info from CUCM.  My CUCM which syncs with LDAP has only one phone number field (phone number, which is mapped to telephonenumber LDAP field).  I don't see how CUCILync can list multiple phone numbers.

Could you explain?

UDS will directly fetch contact no's from AD , Hence you need to have all the contact no's AD.

In reply to above:  UDS does NOT get contact information from AD directly.  It gets it from CUCM, which can be synced to AD, but only provides the one phone number as Hao Dao noted above.  What Hao is attempting to do with EDI integration should work.  My original post above ended up being a bug in the version of the client that I was using.  Updating to the latest release immediately corrected my original issue. You may want to open a TAC case and see if they can reproduce, as you may have a bug, too.