cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows- VM issue

bobby.jacob
Level 1
Level 1

I had configured Jabber for windows in  windows 7, the problem is after logging into jabber client iam not able to get the "phone accounts" under options.

Iam able to call , and recieve calls but no voice mail. In the Jabber cleint diagnostic it shows username and password is wrong for voice mail.

If i have 'phone acounts' option in jabber client i could set username and password for voice mail. Iam able to telnet the unity server.

Any clue?

We have IM&Presence 9.0, CUCM 9.0

Jabber - 9.2

Tnx

Bobby

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

If you don't see the accounts option page it's usually due to the jabber-configuration.xml file having the 'credentials for voicemail' is set to use the Jabber login creds. If you aren't AD synced then that's usually not appropriate.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

HI,

As Aron states - you can configure your client to use same login and password ID as other UC services. This will then mask the fields you see in your jabber client. This is great when you don't want your users to have to populate the fields. The less they have to do the better.

Check your Unity Connection system - is it AXL ot AD or neither ?

If you can, your better to use only one username / password across your UC environment. For now just check your setting for the VM service is not set .