Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber implmentation

kaso_baxtiar
Level 1
Level 1

hey people,

I saw that running jabber client on windows and mac requires cisco IM&Presense server (correct me if I am wrong).

But is it true for running jabber clients on the iPhone and Android ? because in my enterprise I don't have IM&Presense and there is still a jabber device configured in the cucm that works fine and is installed on iPhone and android.

Thanks for your help.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

shihab.kp
Level 1
Level 1

You can use the Cisco Jabber application as a phone-only client without the instant messaging and
presence service on your mobile device.

View solution in original post

Strongly suggest you review the product documentation

On-Premises Deployment

An on-premises deployment is one in which you set up, manage, and maintain all services on your corporate network.

You can deploy Cisco Jabber in the following modes:

• Full UC—To deploy full UC mode, enable instant messaging and presence capabilities, provision voicemail and conferencing capabilities, and provision users with devices for audio and video.

• IM-Only—To deploy IM-only mode, enable instant messaging and presence capabilities. Do not provision users with devices.

• Phone-Only Mode—In Phone-Only mode, the user's primary authentication is to Cisco Unified Communications Manager. To deploy phone-only mode, provision users with devices for audio and video capabilities. You can also provision users with additional services such as voicemail.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/14_0/cjab_b_planning-guide-cisco-jabber-14_0/cjab_b_planning-guide-cisco-jabber-129_chapter_010.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

shihab.kp
Level 1
Level 1

You can use the Cisco Jabber application as a phone-only client without the instant messaging and
presence service on your mobile device.

From what I know it should be the same for desktop clients. Ie this is not limited to mobile clients.

Response Signature

so this is mean that we can use jabber on windows as well only for calling without IM&presence  Server ?

Strongly suggest you review the product documentation

On-Premises Deployment

An on-premises deployment is one in which you set up, manage, and maintain all services on your corporate network.

You can deploy Cisco Jabber in the following modes:

• Full UC—To deploy full UC mode, enable instant messaging and presence capabilities, provision voicemail and conferencing capabilities, and provision users with devices for audio and video.

• IM-Only—To deploy IM-only mode, enable instant messaging and presence capabilities. Do not provision users with devices.

• Phone-Only Mode—In Phone-Only mode, the user's primary authentication is to Cisco Unified Communications Manager. To deploy phone-only mode, provision users with devices for audio and video capabilities. You can also provision users with additional services such as voicemail.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/14_0/cjab_b_planning-guide-cisco-jabber-14_0/cjab_b_planning-guide-cisco-jabber-129_chapter_010.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate