Michael Meyer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

CUCM 8.6

CUPS 8.6

Jabber for Windows 9.2

Jabber for iPhone 9.1

CUCM and CUPS integrated with MS Windows AD. We have populated the AD attribute "thumnailPhoto" in AD for all staff.

By default Jabber for Windows is displaying photos correctly in the directory. CUPS has valid LDAP configuration. iPads etc can see and view the directory OK. However on the iPhone the photo does not display.

CUCM Config:

enabled

CUPSLDAPUser@domain.internal

password

server:3269

enabled

DC=domain,DC=internal

mainPhoneNumber=ipPhone

photo=thumbnailPhoto

I have also populated jpegPhoto as well and leaft "LDAP Photo Location" empty too. But still does not display the pictures.

Since I am returning directory results I would not have thought there is a credential issue.

Does anyone have ideas?

Cheers

Mike

5 Replies 5

Michael Meyer
Level 1
Level 1

Did some further reading and it says that the ldap attribute 'thumbnailphoto' is not indexed and as a result can only be accessed via TCP. Have disabled SSL and moved the port to 389.

Still no improvement.

Do you directory lookup work at all?  Or is it just the thumbnails that do not display?

what happens if you connect to EDI using port 3268  (set in the LDAP server configuration in CUPS?)

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Directory lookup work fine, just the picture does not display. Have not tried 3268, I am not sure of the implication of the change, documentation does not mention a great deal.

Have now tried port 3268. This has not helped, can lookup directory OK but still no pictures.

We have Jabber with WebEx Connect (Off-Prem) and with Jabber 9.1 all contact photos (from WebEx Connect cloud) are shown. When I upgrade to 9.2.0 or 9.2.1 almost all contact photos are gone. I think 9.2 has some issues with the contact photos.

Have you tried your setup with Jabber for Windows 9.1? If that works it's probably not a configuration issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: