cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber/MS Teams/Poly Blackwire 3320 audio issues

Dillon Probst
Level 1
Level 1

Recently we've come across a few users having issues with some combination of headset/hardware audio issues. It's been really difficult to isolate. Hardware is Dell 7420 with Poly Blackwire 3320 headset. It seems this one is Teams branded but we also have many of those spread across the organization. User is remote using Cisco AnyConnect VPN. User is also a Contact Center agent with Jabber version 14.0.0.55563 Build 305563. We use MS Teams for internal communication and that doesn't seem to have any issues. I've done several tests to rule out one way audio, routing/networking issues, etc. Talked with the user on a Jabber to Jabber call, also placed several PSTN calls to his extension with no issues periodically; subsequent calls after he's put back in the queue have issues, seemed to work for day or two. We've removed the audio device drivers from the computer (Intel Smart Sound Technology for USB Audio and Poly Blackwire 3320 Series) and rebooted which seemed to solve the issue for a short time. Today, the user complains that once they answer the call, they can hear maybe the first word, then all audio cuts out; same with internal or external calls. We've seen the mic level drop to 0 within the Jabber audio settings. We've gone as far as switching another user back to a Dell 7410 and is working fine with the same headset which leads me to believe it's some combo of device drivers/hardware/headset.

Any help is appreciated.

13 Replies 13

deepshikha2112
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Dillon,

Are you sure that affected user(s) is using Poly 8820 series and not 8200 series? As I couldn't find 8800 series in poly headset category. (8800 series available as Trio - large room conference phones)

In case if you like to troubleshoot between Jabber and headset, you can refer below link :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/jabber-windows/212176-How-to-collect-an-Audio-Capture-Dump-wit.html

Let me know if you find it helpful.

Sorry about that. It's a Poly 3320. I corrected the original post.

Hello Dillon,

Few pointers here:

Is there any recent system update installed, post this issue is visible?

Have you verified their is driver/windows update pending in system in Windows?

Dell BIOS/Chipset update is pending?

Check the audio enhancement settings

We are experiencing similar issues across multiple staff and were hoping Jabber version 14 would resolve the issue.

Jabber Version 12.9.5.55511 Build 305511
Agent Enabled
Connected via AnyConnect VPN, also some reports of issue while on the office LAN
Call Recording Enabled via built in bridge
Mostly Plantronics 3210 Series headsets
Teams used for internal communications. (no issues)

The recording of poor quality calls did not reflect what is heard (or not heard) by the agent. The issue went away if recording was disabled. Change of headset improved the quality of calls for some agents.

We spoke to Cisco about bug CSCvv68823 but confirmed Call_Center_Audio_Enhance_Mode is off by default.

From the Jabber problem report logs we were able to confirm we are hitting bug CSCvw16215 which may explain the intermittent nature of the issue.

We have just started trialing version 14 with a small number of users. Feedback so far has been positive.

We're not using MRA so this doesn't seem to be the same issue. I went back and found one of the recordings (BIB) and I can hear the agent answer, then then caller talks for a bit, but after the initial answer, you can't hear the agent, so the recording matches what both the agent and the caller can hear (which is caller can't hear agent after a few seconds/agent can't hear caller) The weird behavior is watching the mic level drop to zero, scroll it back up and then see it go back to 0 again, which makes me think it's a driver/interop issue.

The bug is not limited to MRA. It does impact the agent hearing rather than the agent talking though. 

Dillon Probst
Level 1
Level 1

A colleague seems to have isolated it to MS Teams branded headsets. Taking those out of the equation seems to fix the issue. There appear to be Poly Blackwire 3320 headsets that are generic vs. MS Teams specific and I don't think the generic ones cause an issue.

New reports have come in that the non-teams branded headsets (Poly 3320) are having the same issue. I opened a TAC case and we'll see where we go.

Eric Tucker
Spotlight
Spotlight

Have you tried installing Plantronics Hub to see if there is a firmware update to be applied to the headset?

Yeah, so we've gone down the TAC route and it's technically an unsupported headset. Tried poly firmware, etc. all of it.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/unified-communications/uc_endpoints_accessories.html

We've starting to send out Poly/Plantronics 5520s to reps to see if that fixes it. First few reports are positive.

Dillon Probst
Level 1
Level 1

Quick update on this one... It appears there's an issue with Dell 7420s and a "Smart Sound Technology device" and USB headsets. Our systems teams have gone so far to offer an update via SCCM to disable SST, but I'm awaiting confirmation that this is actually working.

J_Cormier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @Dillon Probst 

We have a weird issue here, same setup than yours, but we have lenovo pc with high definition audio driver.

the problem is a bit different. The audio is not working at the beginning of the call and come back after 1-2min and in jabber (CTRL+Shift+S) we have packet loss (In fact it's packet duplicate)

Did you find something on your side ? 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: