cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Windows Softphone - No outgoing ring

sean Riley
Level 4
Level 4

When I run Jabber for Windows in Softphone mode, I do not hear the "ringing" when placing a call out the PSTN.  I have silence until the called party answers or voicemail is reached.  I do get "ringing" for internal calls.  I did not have this problem with CUPC.

Jabber v 9.1.2

CUCM: 8.0 (3)

Presence: 8.6.4          

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Sean

Do you have H.323 gateways or MGCP?

If H.323, try looking into this page as it's not an uncommon problem :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk1077/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094c33.shtml

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

H.323, should have thought to include that.  Will look over the link you sent.

I guess what I find strange is that with CUPC i do hear the ringback tone, but with Jabber for windows I do not.

Same problem

internally works fine (jabber) and ringback ok both for internal calls and to pstn

connecting with expressway not ringback for PSTN calls.

Giovanni

Jimmy Wallace
Level 1
Level 1

I know this is a pretty old post but I'm having the exact same issue, however, I'm running an MGCP gateway. I can say that i just realized this was an issue today, as we cutover to CUCM 10.0.1 this morning and haven't been able to test PSTN calls from Jabber yet. 

My tests this evening were done from Windows Jabber 9.7 externally connected via an Expressway pair. I get no ringback on calls to PSTN destinations, but once the remote end answers, two way audio is established with no issues. I haven't been back in the office yet to test PSTN calls from Jabber over the LAN. Calls between Jabber clients, even when I'm external to the business signal fine and I can hear ringback and get two way audio and video. Below is a brief description of the environment. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Incoming Jabber flow

Watchguard Firewall -> Expressway-E -> Watchguard Firewall (Same physical firewall) -> Expressway-C -> CUCM 10.0.1 and IM&P 10.0.1

Outgoing Flow

CUCM 10.0.1 -> 2921 MGCP Gateway -> T1 PRI -> PSTN

And visa versa on the reverse leg. 

Thanks!