Views
Helpful
Replies

Layouts for a video system when dialling into webex

Lewis Graham
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

A quick question, when I open a webex meeting on my laptop I can change the view so I can see all participants in the meeting at once, however when dialling in using my video conferencing system it only displays on screen the active speaker at any one time.

I there and option within webex to change the default layout to a split screen or combined layout so I can see all the meeting participants on screen when calling in from a video system? 

3 Replies 3

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I believe you should be able to change the layout from the touch 10 screen. When you are in a call, you should see the options for the display of participants in the call

Please rate all useful posts

What version of Webex are you on? This functionality is changing with the newest versions. 

In all likelihood you are on a version that might not be able to do what you want. Webex CMR that's been around for the last couple of years is really two MCU's in the back end, one for Webex clients, and a Telepresence Server for room systems. Only one video stream goes between those two - so for example if you changed your PC client to the view to allow you to see everyone you will never see more than one room system at a time. Likewise room systems can only see one Webex client at a time. 

This is changing with Webex Meetings (which will use the back end of what was Spark for both rooms and desktops), but most clients aren't there yet. 

Hi Mark,  what version of Webex is this layout change being applied?

We're now finding that when connected from a Cisco video system to a Webex meeting you can NO longer change the layout of the meeting via the Touch10!  Can you tell me if this is the plan\intention moving forward?  I can tell you that this change is NOT being well received.

Many thanks,

-Stephan Frye