When attempting to login to Jabber on an Android device we keep getting the error "Cannot locate Server - Please check Server Address". Trying another user ID on the same Android phone works fine and able to login. Tried building a new BOT device by copying an existing known working BOT device also tried deleting and building new from scratch but neither corrects the problem. Any ideas on the next troubleshooting step would be much appreciated!
Some Android software releases will not work (the Jabber client will never register to the BOT device) if that device in CUCM is not secure (Android will want to use TCP 5061). Cisco has a workaround which involves enabling mixed mode security on the cluster and creating a secure device profile for the BOT device.
More info can be found here:
Appreciate your response Darren...
To clarify.... for testing purposes I am using my own Android device (Jabber ver 11.6.0) and I am able to initialize and login to Jabber with my credentials, however when I reset Jabber and attempt to use the other persons account (on my phone) it throws the error - "Cannot locate Server - Please check Server Address". We are both on the same CUCM cluster and I have tried assigning him to other IM&P nodes as well with no luck.
I'm assuming you're using automatic service discovery? Is the test user's email address domain the same as your working account? Jabber will parse out the domain portion to use for the SRV lookup of your CM servers. Have you also tried hardcoding the IM/Presence server address?
Are you facing this issue only for few users or all users? was it working before or is it a new deployment? Is Jabber for desktop or iPhone working for same user over MRA? What version of Android Jabber, Expressway, IMPS and CUCM?
Please check below items as well:
All users. It was working previously until the Secure LDAP sync.
Jabber desktop and IMP logins weren't working. I added the DC certificate to the IM&P server. Now I can authenticate locally to IM&P and Jabber Desktop.
My SRV Recrds are just fine
The Collab Solutions Analyzer indicates that it is an authentication issue with IM&P
I removed my user from Presence and I can authenticate with Mobile Jabber. I went into my Expresways and removed the IMP configuration, but when I tried to enter it back, now I am getting a "Certificate verify failed please contact TAC"
I am contacting TAC I am sure this is related to Secure LDAP issues.
It is good that you narrowed down the issue. I hope you followed all necessary steps to import DC/Root certificates on all CUCM, IMPS and Expressway Servers. Security certificates are complicated part in UC environment and bit tricky to troubleshoot. In this case, it is better to work with Cisco TAC without breaking other working configurations.
Thank you. At this point I have added the Certs to CUPS and CUCM. Most likely the issue is the DC cert isnt loaded to Expressways. I will work with TAC and post my results