cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MRA works fine, but our internal Jabber users are getting a new login

Eric Ingram
Level 4
Level 4

Hello all, we recently configured MRA for some Jabber VDI users and it works great.  MRA also works for local client Jabber users and Webex app users no issues.  Just recently we noticed some of our internal Jabber users are getting the CUCM login page when they launch Jabber and I'd expect to see this for MRA but not internal Jabber users.  Curious to know if others who have deployed MRA have this same experience with the internal Jabber users.  Is this the new expected behavior? If so, I'm just wondering why we did not immediately see this when MRA was deployed.  We've had a few help desk tickets as users were not expecting this page and thought something was broken.  

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hello,

this is the login page, when you enable oAuth in CUCM (System --> Enterprise Parameter --> oAuth with Refresh Login Flow --> Enabled)

So, someone enabled this parameter in CUCM.

You can disable this again, but maybe the users have to logout and login again in Jabber.

View solution in original post

The delay in time should be normal. As long as the users don't reset the Jabber, the still have a valid session (do not need to provide login credentials). When this session times out, the need to login again and then they get this different login page.

Please remember, to rate posts as solutions

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hello,

this is the login page, when you enable oAuth in CUCM (System --> Enterprise Parameter --> oAuth with Refresh Login Flow --> Enabled)

So, someone enabled this parameter in CUCM.

You can disable this again, but maybe the users have to logout and login again in Jabber.

Ah I see.  Soon as this is enabled Jabber users get the new login page from CUCM.  Yes this was enabled during MRA, the only thing unexpected was how this changed the Jabber login experience.  I only worked on MRA configuration while my peer did the Jabber.  What's odd is when I enabled OAuth we did not see any changes in Jabber login for over a month.  Only recently did we start getting incident tickets users thinking something is wrong as they did not recognize this extra login page.

The delay in time should be normal. As long as the users don't reset the Jabber, the still have a valid session (do not need to provide login credentials). When this session times out, the need to login again and then they get this different login page.

Please remember, to rate posts as solutions

Check if OAuth Enabled on enterprise parameter. 

Screenshot 2021-10-21 at 8.08.12 PM.png

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: