cancel
Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Multiple Jabber for Windows for single users on multiple PCs

I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to have multiple Jabber for Windows devices for a single user on their multiple computers while Security is enabled. 

Currently for a single user they can turn on Jabber for the first time on PC1 and the certificate will be pushed to them and their phone will be registered properly. 

If that same user goes to PC2 and opens Jabber for Windows everything will log in properly but the Phone Service will not be able to register due to it not having a certificate. 

At this point I can manually push a certificate to PC2 to make it work on both devices but this is obviously not a very friendly way to do it. Is there a process that handles this or is this scenario not technically supported? 

Thanks,

Matt 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Hall of Fame Cisco Employee

I don't think there's a more elegant way to handle this, as the process that is used, is the same one ip phones use (and they're considered unique), it considers the certificate was properly created and exchanged in the client. The process has no idea that you will use another client in which the certificate has not been created.

You can use the latest Jabber clients which have an option to keep the certificate if you reset Jabber, or if someone else tries other user.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Highlighted

I believe you need to solve this at the OS level with Credential Roaming.
https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askds/2009/01/06/certs-on-wheels-understanding-credential-roaming/
Highlighted

Thanks, I'm going to look into this one. 

Highlighted

Just wanted to follow up and see if you know where the actual certificate is stored on a computer?

Highlighted

Type certmgr.msc in Run Prompt & then look for Jabber CSF certificates under Personal folder.

Content for Community-Ad