Recently, we are implementing Jabber for Windows, we are in the test phase.
I have a issue after having installed Jabber:
Earlier, in the Outlook 2010 showed the status indicator of the presence of users (no connected, busy, available, absent), now no longer shows the presence indicator in Outlook, even in machines where no changes were made and still have it installed CUPC has the same problem, not shown the presence indicator.
What is the version of jabber you are running ?
Do you have the jabber running when outlook is open ?
Can you make sure the rest of the people in the email are also jabber contacts ?
A few more things to check
Check the following registry keys (If any are missing manually add them in)
* HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\PersonaMenu, values (REG_DWORD type): EnablePresence = 2
* HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Call Integration\IMApplication, value (REG_SZ): IMApplication = CiscoJabber.exe
* HKCU\Software\Microsoft\IM Providers, value (REG_SZ): DefaultIMApp = Cisco Jabber
* Check if any other IM client with Outlook integration has been installed. Many other clients use the same api’s to integrate with Microsoft outlook and maybe blocking Jabber Click to X. If any other product is installed please uninstall and reboot your machine.
* Some examples are Cisco WebEx Connect, Microsoft Office Communicator, Microsoft Lync, CUCIMOC, CUCILync, Cisco Click to call and Cisco Unified Personal Communicator 8.x
* Check if the user is in your Contact list in the Jabber client
* If not search for the user in Jabber to ensure they are a jabber user.
* Make sure "Outlook -> Tools -> Options -> Other tab -> Person names -> Display online status next to a person name" is checked.
This document describes a problem encountered where there is no presence status or presence bubble in Microsoft Outlook Integrated with Cisco Jabber and proposes steps in order to troubleshoot this issue.
Cisco recommends that you have basic knowledge of Cisco Jabber for Windows and Microsoft Outlook Integration.
The information in this document is based on these software and hardware versions:
The information in this document was created from the devices in a specific lab environment. All of the devices used in this document started with a cleared (default) configuration. If your network is live, make sure that you understand the potential impact of any command.
Cisco Jabber for Windows supports availability status in Microsoft Outlook. If the presence integration is successful, then users can share their availability in Microsoft Outlook. With Microsoft Outlook, you can use the Microsoft contact card click-to-communicate icons directly from within the application in order to save time and streamline workflows because you can view user availability and initiate communications such as personal and group voice, video, and chat sessions without the need to switch between applications.
The Jabber client can be integrated with Microsoft Outlook with the Messaging Application Program Interface (MAPI) protocol so that the users can share their availability in Microsoft Outlook. Sometimes, the Microsoft Outlook integration is successful but you might not see the users' presence status/presence bubble in Microsoft Outlook.
In order to troubleshoot this problem, verify these points:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\IM Providers\Cisco Jabber\UpAndRunning
If Jabber is running and the key UpAndRunning is not set to 2, change the UpAndRunning data to 2 and then restart the Microsoft Outlook and Jabber client.