cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recording retention on WebEx on Prem

vantipov
Level 1
Level 1

I have just completed installing WebEx on Prem 2.5.  I am looking for an explanation of WebEx recording retention policy.  Is there a way to set up a quota per user or per system.  My NAS share is dynamic and can grow up to the bounds of the NAS capacity, but I never want to get that far.  I can't find anything regarding this in the Admin Guide.  Thanks for any help. 

4 Replies 4

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, 

On CWMS there is no ability to setup a NFS storage quota for recordings. Recordings are saved on NFS storage until the storage limit is reached, and then no new recordings will be allowed until NFS storage admin clears some recordings, or end users delete old recordings. 

In normal circumstances, when an end user deletes the recording, recording will stay on NFS storage for 6 months when it will be purged (or if the storage limit is reached prior to 6 months, the recordings marked for purge will be purged earlier).

I hope this helps.

-Dejan

Thank you for your comprehensive response.  I am migrating from MeetingPlace where I had a recording age out policy of 3 months.  Knowing my users, I don't think anybody will ever go back and delete their recordings.  I might have to advertise an artificially low retention time, like a week, so that people go out and download their recordings.  

Hi,

Unfortunately, at this time that might be some sort of best practice you could advertise to your end user community. We are working with product management to see if we can build in a feature in the future releases where Admin would have the ability to manage recordings. Still, if you do find this type of old recordings management like you had in MeetingPlace an important feature for CWMS, do not hesitate to clearly define it and share it with your Cisco Account Manager who can then file an Enhancement Request and pursue it with Product Management team.

Kind regards,

-Dejan

Thank you for your help.