Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Re: Reset Cisco Jabber fails to reset Jabber

I'm running the latest version of Jabber: Version 12.5.1.27406 Build 277406 

I've uninstalled, rebooted my PC, deleted both C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber 
and C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber.  

Nothing I can do will make the cached username disappear from the Jabber login screen after reinstalling Jabber. 

Beginner

I also had this problem. I removed all data folders, uninstalled, reinstalled, installed the latest build, etc... Kept getting prompted to reset the password.

Ran the below command (suggested above):

msiexec.exe /i CiscoJabberSetup.msi CLEAR=1 UPN_DISCOVERY_ENABLED=false

Same issue. I then became frustrated and forced it to reset 6 times rapidly... and this resolved the problem.

Sweet! Thanks Cisco! 

Highlighted
Rising star

Press shift control D and look at the UPN line in the diagnostics to see if it is enabled or disabled. There’s no voodoo to this. 

If if it says enabled you need to have CLEAR=1 when you rerun the MSI to clear the bootstrap along with setting UPN_DISCOVERY_ENABLED=FALSE. 

Look there and know for sure. The client populates it apparently only from that , or from your corporate email entered into it at startup. To the best of my knowledge there is no other way for this to occur. 

Beginner

Hello,

please use the attached file, which simply delete all cache files on your machine.

the code of the bat file:

taskkill /IM CiscoJabber.exe /f
timeout 1
rmdir /s /q "%appdata%\Cisco\Unified Communications"
rmdir /s /q "%localappdata%\Cisco\Unified Communications"
"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber\CiscoJabber.exe"

Everyone's tags (1)
CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards