cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reset Cisco Jabber fails to reset Jabber

acgarcia
Level 4
Level 4

Reset Cisco Jabber fails to reset Jabber.  Jabber appears to be resetting and then comes back and has the same user name already in the username box.  This is happening with two PCs now.  One is Windows 10 and one is Windows 7.  Uninstall nor deleting CSF folder seems to work.  Is there something that could be stuck in Windows registry?

23 Replies 23

Oh I see. I misread your last comment. Never mind
Do have SSO enabled
Also try deleting the cache folder Jabber under C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\
Exit Jabber and delete the folder.
Restart Jabber

Hope this Helps
Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Another reason to consider alternatives to Cisco products. We've already replaced all our WCS wireless infrastructure and our ASAs - next in line will be our first L2 closet migration to Cumulus Networks. Eventually hope to replace ALL Cisco IPT infrastructure.

I'm running the latest version of Jabber: Version 12.5.1.27406 Build 277406 

I've uninstalled, rebooted my PC, deleted both C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber 
and C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber.  

Nothing I can do will make the cached username disappear from the Jabber login screen after reinstalling Jabber. 

I also had this problem. I removed all data folders, uninstalled, reinstalled, installed the latest build, etc... Kept getting prompted to reset the password.

Ran the below command (suggested above):

msiexec.exe /i CiscoJabberSetup.msi CLEAR=1 UPN_DISCOVERY_ENABLED=false

Same issue. I then became frustrated and forced it to reset 6 times rapidly... and this resolved the problem.

Sweet! Thanks Cisco! 

Press shift control D and look at the UPN line in the diagnostics to see if it is enabled or disabled. There’s no voodoo to this. 

If if it says enabled you need to have CLEAR=1 when you rerun the MSI to clear the bootstrap along with setting UPN_DISCOVERY_ENABLED=FALSE. 

Look there and know for sure. The client populates it apparently only from that , or from your corporate email entered into it at startup. To the best of my knowledge there is no other way for this to occur. 

engmouafy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

please use the attached file, which simply delete all cache files on your machine.

the code of the bat file:

taskkill /IM CiscoJabber.exe /f
timeout 1
rmdir /s /q "%appdata%\Cisco\Unified Communications"
rmdir /s /q "%localappdata%\Cisco\Unified Communications"
"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber\CiscoJabber.exe"

ericbernatchez
Level 1
Level 1

Here is what did the job for me. Sorry it's in french because I am a french canadian. So do like I always do and translate in your language

• Dans la session de l'utilisateur, lequel devra être Administrateur pour l'occasion
  • Procéder à la suppression du logiciel via l'ajout/suppression de programmes de Windows.
  • Supprimer les dossiers suivants:
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems (Si toujours présent)
    • C:\ProgramData\Cisco Systems
    • %USERPROFILE%\Appdata\Roaming\Cisco
    • %USERPROFILE%\Appdata\Roaming\JabberWerxCPP
    • %USERPROFILE%\Appdata\Local\Cisco
    • %USERPROFILE%\Appdata\Local\JabberWerxCPP
  • Redémarrer l'ordinateur
  • Télécharger le MSI pour l'installation de CiscoJabber depuis le site de la compagnie
  • msiexec /i CiscoJabberSetup.msi CLEAR=1 UPN_DISCOVERY_ENABLED=false

ScottFugate0883
Level 1
Level 1

Jabber 12.5.9 ----  Mine would not go back to the ( email id) ( Continue) screen

On CSF Jabber already installed, Line 30

The reason why the Jabber is not allowing you to select a different server and the option to select a server is because of the auto discovery

The machine you are testing is part of your domain and you are logged in with an account that is associated with that domain

Therefore the Jabber takes that information and request just a password for the login process to be completed

To make Jabber turn off that function you can do the following 2 things:

Process for existing Jabber installation. 

1) Open a text editor such as notepad +. The text editor should have administrator permissions.  You can give it administrator permissions by opening it by right clicking it and selecting run as administrator and then clicking yes on the user account control window that pops up.

2) Open the following file

C:\ProgramData\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber\jabber-bootstrap.properties

3) On line 30 replace this text 'NOT_SPECIFIED', with this text 'upnDiscoveryEnabled: false'

4) If Jabber is running, sign out, and click reset Jabber

5) Run jabber again and confirm you can login.

Process for new Jabber installation 

Note: This will only work on a machine that has never had jabber installed before.  Confirm by checking to see if the following file exists.  

'C:\ProgramData\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber\jabber-bootstrap.properties'

1) Place the CiscoJabberSetup.msi installation file in the C:\WINDOWS\system32 directory.  The installation file must be named 'CiscoJabberSetup.msi'  It is case sensative.

2) Run command line as administrator.

3) Install Jabber using the following command.

msiexec.exe /i CiscoJabberSetup.msi UPN_DISCOVERY_ENABLED=false CLEAR=1

4) Follow the normal installation process.

5) Open the following file with a text editor and confirm that line 30 is set to 'upnDiscoveryEnabled: false'

6) Start jabber and sign in with any valid account.

---------- This worked for me-----------------------------

Sorry, I meant 12.9.5.55511

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: