cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Restore Expressway from xConfiguration

HusseinLTD
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I took backup from Expressway by xConfiguration from Expressway cli, after the upgrade I lost all the configurations except certificate and licenses.

how do I restore the configuration from the output that I got from (xConfiguration)?

I upgraded from x12.5.0 to 12.7.1

4 Replies 4

Not sure if I fully understand what you ask about. Wouldn’t it just be to take your output from xconfig, that you got via CLI, and paste it into CLI? Or am I missing the point here?

Response Signature

Hi Roger, would this work if I copied the output from xconfig, reset the system to default(same software version) and then pasted it back?

For the most yes. There are likely some that you would loose and please note that you'll need to convert the xconfig output to xcommand as most settings are set with that. In an attempt by the BU to be funny I guess the syntax between these two are not directly applicable, so you do have some work cut out for you if you where to do this. The much easier and faster way is to do a backup and then restore that on the system after the reset. That should as well bring you some additional things back, like certificates and so on.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: