How can I have a video conference between Spark Cloud registered endpoints (like Room 55 and 70) with CUCM registered on-prem endpoints like IX5000.
For the Spark Cloud registered endpoints we are also using Cisco Hybrid Media Node (HMN). I do understand that HMN will be supporting video conferencing with on-prem CUCM registered endpoints (road-mapped) but trying to understand if we need any other components in the mix or is it just a s/w upgrade on HMN that will enable the on-prem bridging capability.
Appreciate any responses in advance.
Ari Cisco’s Hybrid Media Node (HMN)? Hybrid Media Node (HMN)? Cisco’s Hybrid Media Node (HMN)?
Hmn now supporting CCM endpoints is GA.
HMN is a node controlled by the WebEx cloud so you still need a WebEx subscription to enable CMR bridging in the cloud and then HMN will do on premise bridging for your spark or internal CCM endpoints based on the Stun tests latency results to the cloud vs HMN
Thanks but I guess the question is not what is Hybrid Media Node. I am well aware of it.
The question is how will Room Endpoints register to the Spark Cloud have a video conference with CUCM registered endpoints.
The HMN phase 2 is supposed to bridge the on Prem CUCM registered endpoints so a call flow will help how that will work. Specially if this needs any other component in the mix or not .
Only components are HMN. Spark reg endpoint inside the company will do a Stun test and if they can reach the HMN will send the media there and a cascade channel to the cloud
Expressway isn’t used to send this traffic today
Have you see this link?
It has deployment guide and flows
I have a large customer using WebEx MC Video Conferencing (CMR Cloud). They are planning to buy large number of room based endpoints for their new campus and we are proposing HMN to allow room based endpoints and WebEx to join in a single conference.
My questions are:
1) With CMR Cloud only active speaker is supported. With the introduction of HMN will it now support full continuous presence between room based endpoints and WebEx?
2) How does the scheduling works when the solutions involves WebEX and HMN. Is TMS/TMSXE supported in this setup?
3) Is there a need to position CMS in this scenario or CMR Cloud/HMN combo is good enough?
1) Actually now CMR-C has grid layout support already so you can see "brady bunch" squares if you want. It's a new layout option in 32.X release can't remember the exact one but if you are 32.9 or so u will have it. Now that doesn't fix multi-stream where everyone sees everyone irrespective of how u join via TP or WebEx but that's coming. On the PC side I have tested this and it works well, I had folks join via TP and mobile app and had a nice grid layout.
2) You can do OBTP with TMS/TMS-XE
3) I don't see a reason, that's the point of HMN is to give you that on-premise video bridging. CMS still has some features advanced on the MS side like dual homing if that's important but hopefully some day CMS technology moves to CMR-C to make that gap go away...
One old post from me but some things have changed like web browser web app for WebEx now does support sharing too and mobile SFB is now fixed too for CMR-C
Thanks Srini, I just saw new features in WebEx 32.9 and it does support multi streaming now!
Multi-Streaming Video Across WebEx and Video Endpoints: Users on video endpoints and WebEx apps will now be able to see video from all other meeting participants. This is a significant enhancement from current experience that allows participants that use WebEx applications to only see active speakers from users joining via video endpoints and vice versa.
Another quick question, in the CMR-C 32 limitations document I saw the following do you know if this is still a limitation?
WebEx meeting features
If you are hosting a meeting that includes video systems, the following in-meeting features are unavailable: Whiteboard, document sharing, Polling, File Transfer and Chat (with TP room participants)
Multistreaming with CMR Cloud is available with WBS 32.9 that is running video platform version 2, keep in mind that the video platform version 2 upgrade might not be immediately be available on the date of your site upgrade, as it will be rolled out over time.
I believe its there for spark reg endpoints but not CCM ( I know it's super confusing where each part is sometimes) in the #agile roadmap
This is a great thread, but I do need confirmation as I believe you have the answer
With HMN, is TMSXE and OBTP supported for those endpoints connected via CUCM?
If you have a link to this confirmation all the better.