cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Teams Direct Routing with CuCM

ravi.pandey
Level 1
Level 1

We are thinking of deploying teams with direct routing with audio codes SBC, we wanna have the inbound call on both webex unified app and teams, i know a RDP is needed, but i want to know is there a case study and how good does the interoperability works, are there any delays, issues of 2 applications fighting for audio resources or any consideration to design this in an efficient way. Also, we have VDIs, so how would that fare with this setup.

I know there are documents of direct routing with cucm, but am not sure in those cases the above scenarios have been tested.

thoughts??

4 Replies 4

b.winter
VIP
VIP

I wouldn't recommend, having 2 active calling applications running on the PC.

They are constantly fighting for audio devices, who will be the main app for the telephony API, ...

Which can lead to weird behaviour.

Furthermore, it doesn't even make sense either: If the call is already forked to the CUCM and the MS teams device, why still have both devices running at the same time?

Some have teams as their enterprise messaging app and webex/jabber as their telephony app, just to give users more power to choose from some would want to have phone services on teams as well , users based on their choices can mute the notifications on webex app if they just want to see the call on teams, or just not launch webex app, but there will be scenarios where both the applications will be up and running,we are in the process of rolling out webex unified app
Inbound calls will come down to rigorous testing, user choices, user education.

Hi Ravi, 

When you enable direct routing with CUCM/CUBE, you may be configuring the SNR feature to send the call from CUCM to the MS team. I don't see any other options where you can send the same call to two different PBX simultaneously.  One of the ways to turn off the call routing to the MS team is to disable the SNR feature from the CUCM self-care portal when the user chooses to use Webex as their primary telephony client. 

As @b.winter Winter mentioned in the post, it's not ideal to use both the devices on a single PC/laptop for telephony and it makes the user's experience worst. I was playing with the setup previously and encountered multiple issues such as headset issues, system resources spike, machine hang etc. 

Regards. 

We conducted a proof of concept of the very same setup that your contemplating end of last year. It does work, but as others has mentioned it has its challenges and drawbacks. In the end we shelved the idea on the account that the cost, both for initial investment and running cost for maintenance, licensing (on the MS side), daily operations and so on, for two parallel calling platforms did not have merit. Ie we could not present a compelling business case for management to buy into this.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: