Views
Helpful
Replies

testing UC 14 with Pub/Sub Setup on Vmware workstation

Ibrahim Jamil
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys

I m testing UC 14 with Pub/Sub Setup on Vmware workstation with 1 CIPC and Jabber , but getting issue in replication's  ! any ideas how to tackle such issue

utils dbreplication runtimestate.PNG

 thanks

11 Replies 11

Restart the subscriber node and see if it initiate the DB replication.. 

Response Signature

Ibrahim Jamil
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Nithin

Thanks for supporting my thread all the way , I did that , but with no luck , i heard on vmware WKS you can play with MTU to solve this issue but don't know how

Never tried CUCM on a Workstation, and its not a recommended platform.  Refer below guide for troubleshooting, it covers Steps to Troubleshoot Database Replication in details.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/200396-Steps-to-Troubleshoot-Database-Replicati.html

Response Signature

Hi Nithing

I m just play with it on my decent lenevo laptop , bro do you have video what is the new in UC 14 with comparison with UC 12.5.1 SU4

Thanks

VMware workstation. Is not a recommended platform. 

Have a look on below video , this link popup on my social media few months back. I dint watch it completely so not sure if he covered all features or not.

https://youtu.be/ypvOo_I0xOw

Go through feature configuration guides for CUCM 14.

Response Signature

Sadav Ansari
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Please try the following:

Execute the utils dbreplication stop command on a subscriber.

Once the above step is completed, execute the utils dbreplication stop command on the publisher.

At the publisher server, issue the utils dbreplication reset all

you can just do "utils dbreplication repair all" from the Publisher on initial level.

Pls rate if its “Helpful”. If this answered your question pls click “Accept as Solution”.

Hi sadav

thanks for coming to my thread

I will use ur method and let you know

thanks

Hi Sadav

Unfortunately , it doesn't work as you suggested

I think the vmware adapter must be tuned to support jumbo frames in order to work , what do y think

thanks

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

System default MTU is 1500, so you would not need jumbo frames.

Ibrahim Jamil
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys

Hi Guys

Can you play with it on vmware WKS , and tell how it behave ?

thanks

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's not a supported environment to run the apps. They may ran elsewhere, and perhaps if someone has they'll reply. Otherwise, maybe give it a try and let us know what does or doesn't work. AFAIK the networking may be some trouble for you there, as there's not really the concept of a vSwitch to allow the appliances to talk to each other.

ESXi is free in some cases, which you could use - it's likely also not going to be supported but it would at least give you a closer environment to run the applications in.