Views
Helpful
Replies

Unsupported media object message on WebEx recordings

Luke Hester
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco community,

When I view WebEx recordings saved in the cloud, they play with the following message displayed:

There is no content to view at the moment, either because no content is being shared, or because an unsupported media object is being shared.

I can hear the audio fine, it's just the video that I can't see.

If I save recordings locally to my computer as a .wrf file they play just fine, but I want to save to the cloud because MP4 format is preferred.

I'm sharing only the desktop screen in these recordings. I've searched around on the internet but I can't find any documentation to confirm if this is indeed unsupported. I have 3 monitors if that is relevant.

I have Cisco WebEx Meetings 33.3.8.7 installed on Windows 10 Enterprise 1809 (64-bit).

Regards,

Luke

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Carlo,

Thanks for sharing that article.

I was using VLC Media Player which was the cause of the problem. Other media player's work fine.

Regards,

Luke

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi Luke,

This could happen due to an antivirus blocking flash application.

https://help.webex.com/en-us/WBX000028446/Error-There-is-no-content-to-view-at-the-moment-either-because-no-content-is-being-shared-or-because-an-unsupported-media-object-is-being-shared-Throughout-the-Recording

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hi Carlo,

Thanks for sharing that article.

I was using VLC Media Player which was the cause of the problem. Other media player's work fine.

Regards,

Luke