cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UNTRUSTED CERTIFICATE WARNING FOR ALL JABBER USERS

Jon Clark1
Level 1
Level 1

Our client has an issue with Jabber certificates where people have a warning about an untrusted certificate when they login to Jabber (screenshot attached) . They would like all new certificates installed across the presence and voice servers that will be trusted by all of their computers. They have a CA that can generate the certificates when needed. Is there a quick fix?

JJ

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is a whole chapter in the Jabber documentation dedicated to certificates that addresses all this, have you reviewed it???

If you haven't, I suggest you review it, in a nutshell, you need to deploy those certs to the computers to avoid the warning.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jaime. Sorry I'm new to troubleshooting Jabber.  Would you happen to have a URL pointing to that documentation?

Thx

JG

As you don't mention version, all info is here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/unified-communications/jabber-windows/products-installation-guides-list.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you kindly Jaime!  Hopefully I can find what I'm looking for.

Jaime,

Please check out the pics attached.  Its from the deployment guide. (I just chose one. No specific version in mind).

Did you ever fix the problem I'm having by issuing a Tomcat cert to all the PC's like the screenshots are suggesting?  Could other certs cause the same problem (like xmpp cert having an unfulfilled CSR pending)?

Thanks

JC