Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade CUCM 11.0 to 12.5 fail

nicanor00
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I need to upgrade CUCM  11.0.1.21900-11 to version 12.5.1.12900-115, but upgrade fail

Found below the error message

installation of ucsinstall-ucos_12.5.1.12900-115.sgn.iso failed
there is not enough disk space in the common partition to perform the upgrade.for steps to resolve this condition please refer to cisco unified communication manager 10.0 release notes or view defect cscul50066

I increased the hard disk of the VM to 500Go and RAM to 8 Go, but the I still get the same error

Please help

5 Replies 5

You can not change the space on the hard drive to a value at will. It has to align with the predefined values in the OVA.

Have you run the pre update check COP file and solved any issues it reported prior to trying to run the update?

On common thing to do when running out of space for the update is to use the ISO as a mounted DVD. That way you don’t need to have the file temporarily stored in the common partition and taking up space during the upgrade. That saves you about 5GB of storage space.

Other options are to clear out all old trace files from your system. You should be able to find how to by searching for it in the community as this is a topic that has been up many times.

Response Signature

Its not recommended to increase the ram and hardisk like the way you did. Before you do upgrade mandatory to run the preUpgradeCheck COP as you can avoid such issues.

You can download it from https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286322286/type/286319173/release/COP-Files

Mandatory to read the below guides as the prerequesites are clearly mentioned on these guides. If you go through these guide before the upgrade we can avoid such incidents.

- Install upgrade guide of the target versions

- Release notes of the target version

- Read me guide of the target version

- Compatibility Guides UC and VM

To free up the space, you can

1. Use Cop ciscocm.free_common_space_v1.9.k4.cop.sha512
  2. if the above deosnt increase your hard disk, try the option  to create additional disk space in the logging partition of Cisco Call Manager with the High and Low WaterMark settings in Real-Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT). Refer this guide, https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/200581-Procedure-to-Adjust-WaterMark-in-RTMT-of.html
  3. The other option is to Increase the hard disk asper the OVA

Response Signature

Hi

Finally I fixed alle the issue and error on the preupgrade file

when lunch upgrade the error disk space. then I deleted log to have more space

when I lunch upgrade now, it fail : i got this message "An unknown error occurred while access the upgrade file"

Kindly found full message in attachment

Kindly help

Hello

Kindly found in attachment the upgrade log

Please need help

Hi Nicanor,

as per log , found .

12/08/2022 09:34:23 refresh_upgrade|File:/common/download/12.5.1.12900-115/refresh_upgrade:1466, Function: prepare_upgrade_config(), Failed to find a valid inactive partition: device=, num=|<LVL::Error>

can you  once change & switch to the partition Inactive partition to active partition & repeat the upgrade process.