Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade CUCM from 11.5 to 12.5

raid_t
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Things are changing rapidly, I had a question for licensing an upgrade from 11.x to 12.5.

1. CUCM data sheet states that Upgrade Order (for customers without SWSS) to use UCL-UCM-UPG-K9. But it is not stating what SKU is needed for those customers that have SWSS, is it the same one just Cisco has not updated the datasheet?

Thanks in advance.

T.

6 Replies 6

If you have Valid SWSS you can request upgrade license  through Product Upgrade Tool( expiring soon) or the new  portal   My Cisco Entitlement.

Response Signature

Is that the same for CUC, CER ans UCCX?

Thanks!
T.

Yes. For upgrades with SWSS you need to use PUT or MCE.

Response Signature

So, no BOM creation is needed with the SKUs and so on?

Edit: And it is done only by the customer? No partner in the middle for doing it on CCW?

• If your client has valid SWSS either client or partner can open a upgrade request on PUT. 
    But MCE I believe it’s only possible with the client as it require the smart account details to proceed.
  • if SWSS got expired, you can Renew SWSS unless the version has not reached end of life.PAK is required  for Disti to provide a quote or for you to quote using CCW-R
  • if your SWSS got expired and  if it cannot be renewed you need to quote upgrade part number using CCW.

Response Signature

One additional scenario: if your software entitlement is conferred through an annuity subscription (eg Collaboration Flex Plan) your Cisco partner does need to transact a $0 change/modify to your subscription. You can use PUT or MCE in the short term to get bootable ISOs but Smart Licensing version entitlement will only be updated through a real order.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: