Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade CUCM Licenses from 12.X to 14.X

jimihendrix1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Hi we have just upgraded our CUCM 12.X to 14.X and would like to know how to upgrade CUCM Licenses to 14.X as our system is in now in evaluation mode.

Thank you! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

What license you use is it flex or old perpetual license ?

If its Flex and if your flex license was ordered for versions 14, There is nothing to do. You can use the same license for versions 14.

Flex  licenses are agnostic, you can use it with any lower versions.

If perpetual You can place an order for upgrade license  through MCE portal,https://mce.cisco.com/mce/?vN=edelivery

Another option is to   open Licensing TAC case and they will  help you.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

What license you use is it flex or old perpetual license ?

If its Flex and if your flex license was ordered for versions 14, There is nothing to do. You can use the same license for versions 14.

Flex  licenses are agnostic, you can use it with any lower versions.

If perpetual You can place an order for upgrade license  through MCE portal,https://mce.cisco.com/mce/?vN=edelivery

Another option is to   open Licensing TAC case and they will  help you.

Response Signature

csrlima
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, im interesting in this one also, so, if i have already CUCM 12.5 and smart licensing but only perpetual licenses, can i upgrade it to UC14 using MCE. Can i upgrade to UC 14 or buy UC14 with perpetual licensing model?

Best Regards

You can upgrade, the simplest way, IMHO, to sort out the licensing is to open a SR with Cisco licensing support. You should do that prior to upgrading. There can be options to get the license from MCE as well, but since that tool is in my opinion a miserable mess I’ll probably stay away from it.

There is no concept of perpetual licenses any longer, it’s all subscription based nowadays.

Response Signature

Hello,

We have a customer that have existing UCM version 12.5. They ordered additional phones and the licenses is for version 14 (A-FLEX-3). Can we use these version 14 licenses?

As @Nithin Eluvathingal already answered in this thread, with Flex you would get version agnostic licenses.

image.png

In you're SSM it will look like this once you get the license into a virtual account.

image.png

These can be used by any version.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: