cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Users cant change password on Jabber

eomotosho
Level 1
Level 1

Good day all, i have a little issue with my jabber clients  on windows. User can only logon to jabber with the default password I created for them on CUCM. I checked the option that users can change password on next logon, but this is not working. They can only logon with the password I created on the call manager. At logon, the change password option is also greyed out. Find attached. Kindly assist me on how users can change their passwords. Thank you

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That option is only enabled if you're using cloud deployment, for CUCM, if they're local users, they need to use UCMuser page, if they're LDAP integrated, via LDAP or any method you provide for them to change their pwd.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I have the same problem with the Jabber version 10.6.2 on UCM 9.1.2. All users can´t change the password from Jabber client (see the attached photo). Currently my UCM is not synchronized with Active Directory, by the way I had to give a standard general password for all users.

It would be a very good idea if Cisco makes this facility in the new Jabber versions.

No, you don't have the same problem, that's a whole different thing you're talking about, that's the VM account, and there has never an option to change it from Jabber to start with.

That page does not even say is to change the password...

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I have the same problem, because I can´t change the password. As you saw, the Jabber client doesn´t have anyway to modify the password.

The screenshot shows all items Jabber client has. It doesn´t have any more.

Sonam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Eomotosho,

Jabber password for client  can be changed from self care portal as well. Try from self care portal..

Sonam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Eomotosho,

Jabber password for client  can be changed from self care portal as well. Try from self care portal..