Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WARNING: Ungraceful shutdown detected >>CUCM v12.5 SU4

I have a CUCM cluster with IMP and CUC, the site had a power outage.

and then all server nodes have shown these alerts

"

WARNING: Ungraceful shutdown detected - A rebuild of this node is highly recommended to ensure no negative impact (such as configuration or file system corruption). For rebuild instructions, see the installation guide.

"

alert.PNG

 Do I need to rebuild all nodes again, or is there a workaround to eliminate these alerts?

41 Replies 41

It isn’t really a bug as such, it is a warning message to notify the system administrator that the node has been shut down abruptly and that the integrity of system should be checked. If this check clears out the command added by this COP file can be used to turn off the warning. That’s all it does.

Response Signature

ziqex
Level 4
Level 4

Is the cop file the same for the cucm version 12.5.1 and Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Tools version 12.5.1? 

Thanks

I don't think that you'd get that command in CCX by installing a COP file. From what I know this came in an ES release of 12.5 for CCX.

Response Signature

What do you mean by ES realease?

I currently run product version: Product Ver : 12.5.1.11002-481 for UCCX 

Thanks

What do you mean by ES release?

I currently run product version: Product Ver : 12.5.1.11002-481 for UCCX 

Thanks

CCX is one of the few products that still posts engineering specials (ES) for the customer to install on their system. They're typically a rebuild of the same image that the SU or FCS is running, with bug fix/patch/hot fix for critical issues.

Other products, like Emergency Responder, sometimes post COP patches that repair certain individual issues like file contents, database entries, etc.

Some, like the UCM lately, will not, and you will be told that it is fixed in a service update or future release that you get to wait for. Or if there's an ES, it's not often readily offered.

Someone can probably fill in better, but in the past the comment with the ES was that it may be targeted to fix a certain issue, but may have others present. They're not necessarily cumulative.

It may be present a problem when rebuilding or recovering a system, by adding an extra patch step, etc, so you wouldn't necessarily want to apply it unless the fix were critical.

The versioning structure for CCX must be different due to the type of product it is, is all. For that platform I tend to think of it as a SU-of-a-SU.

ES typically stands for Engineering Special. For CCX it's pretty much the same as a SU release for any of the other UC systems.

On your question as such, the command that you asked about came in SU2 ES2.

image.png

Response Signature

admin: utils ungraceful warn disable
Before you disable the warning message, make sure that the ungraceful shutdown does not have any adverse affect on the server.This command will ensure that the ungraceful shutdown warning is not shown in Unified CM administration interfaces and CLI.Do you want to continue(yes/no): yes
Successfully disabled the warning message shown in Unified CM administration interfaces and CLI.

Why are you answering to a post, that is already marked as solved and where the thread already contains the information you post? Someone already mentioned, that you can disable the warning with that CLI command.

Because there are many answers that do not help or recommend contacting TAС or are completely uninformative. After trying everything and spending a lot of time, I posted what really helped me, so that someone else who faces this problem does not waste time.

Thanks! And here i thought you need the COP file to perform this command for 14.0 (which is really unnecessary)