cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex desktop notifications not working

rofalcon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there, Webex is working great on my mobile (notifications are coming through), however on desktop/deskpro I am not seeing the "new message count" that I always had, so I'm missing multiple messages because I don't know they're there. I've checked settings and don't see where or how this suddenly stopped working. Help!!

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The Desk Pro does not support Webex messages, so I’m assuming that is a typo. Noticing that you are a Cisco employee and the internal default/standard laptop is an Apple MacBook, you may want to check the macOS notification settings for the Webex app. It’s also possible that this is a bug in an internal early release build that was pushed to you; it may be prudent to follow your internal support process to report the issue.

Thanks Jonathan for the speedy reply! Yes, typo . . . basically, new messages are not being highlighting in my list, OR noted in my system tray icon. I'm on a PC . . . everything was working fine until yesterday, and suddenly this started happening. I've tried rebooting, signing out/in of Webex etc., and no change. The mobile app on my phone is working fine, it's just desktop that's not highlighting/counting new messages. So, I'm having to go back and forth between my phone (to see if I have new messages) and desktop to type/respond.

[cid:image001.png@01D946BA.82434B90]

dwright6123
Level 1
Level 1

I too have been experiencing the same issue, Webex Desktop app on Windows 11, just stops receiving messages, phone receives them just fine, I will add that I have went a step further and completely uninstalled the Webex App and cleared the local file cache for the App and the issue came back within a few hours.  If it helps I have found that signing out of webex completely and signing back in resolves the issue temporarily however, the issue keeps coming back.  I have been experiencing this for about a month now.  That said, I have not opened a TAC case for this because the process for reporting Webex bugs has turned into a nightmare.