cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where to alter automagically created dial string in CMS...

OsmanHashmi5811
Level 1
Level 1

Evening all, whenever I create an adhoc meeting with x amount of endpoints, meeting management (v3.7) identifies the meeting with a 16 digit dial string which is the sip uri anyone else can dial directly into.

I can't for the life of me see where this is located within CMS (v3.0) as I want to bring this down to a few digits for convenience (if possible).

To paint a picture;

- 12345 calls 12346 then,

- 12346 calls 12347, merges call and now a 16 digit dial string is automatically assigned and a conference is created.

- 12348 dials the 16 digit newly assigned adhoc number

- 16 digit dial string appears as meeting title in meeting management.

16dialstring.JPG

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

b.winter
VIP
VIP

That's not possible. The Ad-Hoc conference number is a random 16 digit string, which you cannot modify or set beforehand.
And it is not meant to be called either.

View solution in original post

Hey @b.winter as you have mentioned, there is no way to alter this as its a default/hard setting within either CUCM or CMS.

To work around it, i have set up a wildcard route pattern string so it matches the exact adhoc dial string (16 digits). This seems to work- i won't put in what i've done as everyone's setup will be different. Thanks for checking in.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

b.winter
VIP
VIP

That's not possible. The Ad-Hoc conference number is a random 16 digit string, which you cannot modify or set beforehand.
And it is not meant to be called either.

@OsmanHashmi5811 Any update here?

Hey @b.winter as you have mentioned, there is no way to alter this as its a default/hard setting within either CUCM or CMS.

To work around it, i have set up a wildcard route pattern string so it matches the exact adhoc dial string (16 digits). This seems to work- i won't put in what i've done as everyone's setup will be different. Thanks for checking in.