Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Abu Hadee
Level 3
Level 3

FAX over VOIP some times can be challenging. Finding the right configuration is sometimes difficult as it can be SCCP, MGCP, SIP or H323 or even combination of multiple protocol. More over, it can be fax pass-through, T38 or Cisco fax relay. 3rd party Fax Server in the IP side makes the situation a bit difficult.

I've created a project to find the working configuration of FAX in different combinations which is running on your network. Submit your topology and requirement along with protocol to use, we will test in lab.  We will submit the configuration along with debug and troubleshooting tips for your reference if something goes wrong.

Click Here to check the progress and submit your requirement. Hope this will help you.

Waiting for your submission.

Thanks

- abu

35 Comments
dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hi all,

I have a standalone fax server (from FaxCore). I am looking into to see if it's possible to integrate FaxCore with CUCM. I am running CUCM 7.1.3.

Has anyone done this type of integration before ? please share your experience !!!

Thanks in advance !!!

D.

s.casper_2
Level 1
Level 1

Looking forward to seeing some more topology designs, in particular related to using SIP for the PSTN and the various backend protocols. I will be starting testing with IP Trunking/CUBE and T38

and I was curious as to what folks think is the best protocol choice between the FAX machine and Call Manager.  I will be using VG202/204 devices with CUCM 7.1.5 integrated to a CUBE. Looks like my choices are:

MGCP

H323

SIP

SCCP (limited to NSE?)

Up to this point we have been deploying VGs using MGCP and passthrough as ATA replacements and this has been working fine when used at sites with PRIs. I am trying to think long term here so I am wondering if using SIP with T38

might be the best way to go since the IP Trunk and the associated CUBE will also be using SIP. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Steve

sumimanc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Abu,

Awesome Document I must say .Very Nice work.Really appreciate all your efforts .

Many Thanks.

Regardsm

sumit

mcecilia
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Sirs,

Can any one point me to the final documentation about this project?

thanks

byronmcneil
Level 1
Level 1

We are having some fax issue after converting a site to our SIP Trunk - to our carrier --CUBE -> Carrier and Carrier -->CUBE

Does the global command for FAXing resolve faxing issues ?  on all SIP trunks "fax protocol pass-through g711ulaw"

IOS XE Software, Version 16.09.03

Saw a possible config isue , not sure if this could be causing out trouble ?

dial-peer voice 3331 voip
description **Verizon SBC to CUBE**
translation-profile incoming Outbound
session protocol sipv2
incoming uri via VZSBC
voice-class codec 1
voice-class sip bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0/2
voice-class sip bind media source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0/2
dtmf-relay rtp-nte
no vad
!
dial-peer voice 3232 voip
description **CUBE to Test RightFax Server**
translation-profile outgoing Outbound
session protocol sipv2
session server-group 4
destination e164-pattern-map 666
voice-class codec 1
voice-class sip bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0
voice-class sip bind media source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0
dtmf-relay rtp-nte
no vad
!
dial-peer voice 3233 voip
description ***Outbound CUBE to SBC***
translation-profile outgoing Outbound
destination-pattern +14693317924
session protocol sipv2
session server-group 3
voice-class codec 1
voice-class sip tenant 100
voice-class sip bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0/2
voice-class sip bind media source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0/2
dtmf-relay rtp-nte

XXXXXXX ???

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: