Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
manpreetsingh46
Level 1
Level 1

I friend of mine (Amarjeet Singh) created this document long time back but never shared it on Cisco support community so here i am doing the same.

While struggling through the information given at www.titanftp.com, I managed to setup titan SFTP server. I was able to run it on my lab server.

Though it requires a system restart after installation(no matter which operating system we use), it is quite easy to setup(no need to go to CLI).

There are many features in this, I couldn’t explore all.  However, I was able to set it up for manual and scheduled backup. Any corrections/suggestions to the steps listed below will be appreciated.

The detailed steps are listed below:

1.       Make sure that you have the most recent version of Titan FTP Server. You can download the most recent version from our Web site at http://www.titanftp.com/

2.       Double-click the installation file to start the installation process.

NOTE: If you are installing Titan FTP Server on Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows Server 2008, you must right-click the Installation/Setup file and select Run As Administrator.

3.         When the installation process is complete, you must restart Windows.

4.         After Windows has restarted, the Titan FTP Service will be running. The Titan FTP Service runs as a system service and starts when the operating system loads. You can monitor the

status of the Titan FTP Service using the Windows Services applet in the Administrative Tools folder in the Windows Control Panel.

5.       Once Titan FTP Server has been installed, you can begin to  configure your FTP Servers. To configure your servers, use the Titan Administrator program located in the Titan FTP Server program group. (First screen –listed below):

a.       1

Note:  Admin user name = titanadmin : This username and password will be used only for management of TitanFTP server. This will not be used to create backup.

Note:  You can select the Data directory as per your requirements. This is for local administrator’s use.

6.       Then click on Add server icon( as shown in the top left corner of the image listed above). A screen similar to the below screen appears:

a.       Note: by default the data and log directory is : C:\srtFtpData\ . You can change it according to your requirements.

b.      Note: IP address should be the IP address of the local server(on which the TitanFTP has been installed).

c.       Select the data and the log directory. The backup will be taken in this directory.

d.      2

7.        Click next and you will see the following screen:

a.       Note: Please Select FTP and SFTP as shown below:

b.      3

8.       Click next and the following screen appears:

a.       Note: Select “Native Titan FTP server user authentication” option.

b.      4

9.       Click next and the following screen appears:

a.       Select FTP:

b.      5

10.   Click next and enable SFTP services as well:

a.       Note: Then click on Host Key Management(to select key generation and username password).

b.      6

11.   The following window will appear:

a.       Click on create option:

b.      7

12.   The following window will open:

a.       Host key Type: RSA

b.      Size: 1024 then click next.

c.       8

13.   The following screen appears:

a.       Enter new host key name (choose any name):

b.      Private key password and confirm(any password):

c.       Note: These will not be used anywhere to create backup.

d.      9

14.   Finally, click on finish button. The key gets generated and the following window appears:

a.       Click on close

b.      10

15.   In the next window, you will see the key for SFTP server will get selected.

a.       Now we can click on next.

b.      11

16.   On the next window, it will ask for some details about SMTP server. We can skip this step.

a.        Click on next.

b.      12

17.   Then check the details and click on finish:

a.       13

18.   The following screen appears:

a.       It shows that we have created Titan test sftp server:

b.      Click on the + sign and expand the details on the left sidebar.

c.       Note: Make sure the ip address selected is the ip address of the computer on which titan has been installed.

d.      Note: Data Directory: this is the root directory for this user. So,  all the data will be stored on this directory.

e.      Once done, click on Users option on the left sidebar.

f.        14

19.   The following window appears:

a.       Click on new user option.

b.      15

20.   The following screen comes up:

a.       Enter username

b.      Password

c.       Note: These will be used at CUCM end(while adding the backup device). Click next.

d.      16

21.   On the next screen choose everyone and click next.

a.       17

22.   Select following in the next window:

a.       Then click finish.

b.      18

23.   You will get back to the users main window:

a.       The username aimhigher is listed now.

b.      19

24.   Finally, we are done with the Titan FTP side of configuration. Now, we need to move to the CUCM side.

25.    Open disaster recovery page, backup device page:

a.       Note: Please make sure that there is no SFTP listed with the same IP address( as the ip address of the Titan SFTP server).  If there is any, delete it as it creates conflict with the Titan.  For eg: in our case, we made sure that no device is available as 192.168.1.2(already in the cucm backup page)

b.      Eg:

c.       Note: 

i.      When we delete it can give an error related to scheduled backups  linked to this SFTP server. We need to move to Backup >> Scheduler >> Then select and delete any schedules selected with that SFTP device.

ii.       Then we will be able to delete that device.

d.      After deleting any SFTP server(Freeftpd or any other which is using the same IP address), we can move to the next step.

26.    Click on Backup >> Backup device >> Add new.

a.       Add the details listed in the image below:

b.      Note: This root of titan sftp server can be accessed by aimhigher user only.

c.       21

27.   It should be able to add the Titan sftp server. Then you can create a manual backups or scheduled backups.

Comments
SouthRiverSW
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for sharing this very comprehensive article.  Here is some additional information on how to get technical support for Titan FTP Server.

Technical Support Page:  http://www.titanftp.com/product-support/titan-ftp-server/

Please provide registration code when submitting the ticket.  If you are using the evaluation version of Titan, and you don't yet have a registration code, just enter "evaluation" in the registration code field.

gonzalezel
Level 1
Level 1

Do you happen to have this document.  The screen shots are not showing up. 

manpreetsingh46
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gonzalesel,

I do have the article and i can email it to you, if needed but i can see the images fine.

gonzalezel
Level 1
Level 1

Yes please send to noles33@hotmail.com    I have tried various things and still can't see screen shots. 

Thanks

Garima Parghi
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to update just the OS on the server rather than migrating it to a new hardware. will it break anything?

Tori_Ok.
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for this post. Could you also please send me a copy of the document. I can't see the screenshots even with different browsers.

I have tried several times, but keep getting the following error

Update failed : Unable to access SFTP server. Please ensure the username and password are correct.

On the TitanSFTP interface, the logs show no indication of CUCM making any connection attempt. The DRS services are all running in CUCM. Wondering what I may be missing.

Hi Tori_Ok

By default Windows PC is using his FW to block all incoming connections.

You need make exception for your SFTP Server Program, or Turn Windows Defender Firewall OFF  for testing purpose.

After this action you can see incoming connection attempts from CUCM.

Hope this helps.

BR Oleksandr

ziqex
Level 4
Level 4

Anyone has this tutorial?

The images are not showing any longer and it's not very readable any longer.

Thank you

ampdeck
Level 1
Level 1

The images are not showing up for me as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: