cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Welcome to Cisco Community, reimagined!

Tyler Langston
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Our read-only phase is complete and we are happy to welcome you back to Cisco Community! You can read more about this project here, with a forthcoming FAQ as well. 

Things may look different but the core concept is still the same: this is your space to meet and engage with peers, ask questions, share projects and provide feedback.

While we have spent the last 96 hours implementing, QAT-ing and tweaking layouts and formats to make things ready for you, there's a probability that something may have been missed, or you find a new and creative way to do something we hadn't thought to do. 

As you come across these kinds of reports, or if you have suggestions for future enhancements, we invite you to leave a comment with details in the thread below. If you'll also include the following that will help us address it with our Developers quickly:

• URL of the board, post, group or space you encountered an issue with
  • Screenshot if applicable

While we can't guarantee that your specific suggestion will be implemented, it will help us guide the future of Cisco Community. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rupeshah
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tyler,

Its indeed a Great news and thanks much for keeping us notified with latest updates.

I noticed an issue with the spam quarantine, “Not Spam” button at the bottom of this page.

This button is currently NOT clickable upon hovering the mouse on top of it. However, it turns clickable on reaching the bottom area of this button, as a work around.

We had this issue way back in 2020 and later it got fixed but now seeing the same issue again.

Regards,

Rupesh

Cisco Community, Support Team

Screenshot (158).png

View solution in original post

43 Replies 43

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

it take for us to adjust new theme, but we can get there.

is there any way we can increase the width of page - for now all centered (left and right have more space ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Howdy Balaji - the current layout doesn't allow for much adjustment, but I've noticed several pages are loading without any margins and we are addressing that. 

If you have found pages that are particularly bad when it comes to page width would you get me the URL so I can report it forward? 

Thanks!

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

With the previous format, it was easy to determine which posts I had already viewed as (similar to typical web links) those I had not viewed had a different colored name link than those I had previously visited.
With the new format, the name link is the same color regardless of whether I've viewed it or not. This will make it more difficult to keep up with which posts I've already visited which in turn will make it less likely for me to participate in answering questions in the Community.

Hi Greg - this appears to be related to the move to a responsive layout. I agree that a visual cue to indicate what you've already read is important (especially when there are so many posts to read!). I'll get this suggestion made.

Tyler, when you make that suggestions about getting back the indicator for "read" and "unread" can you please make a note about making it more prominent than in the previous layout. The only difference there was that the subject of the post had bold (unread) or regular (read) font. If instead there could be a coloured border or a small icon, message, etc. that could improve UX a lot. Thanks

Hi Janos - you didn't find the 'bolded' to 'just barely unbolded' fonts to be useful?

I really like the idea of a color or icon to indicate unread that disappears once a thread has been read! This has been sent to dev. 

rupeshah
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tyler,

Its indeed a Great news and thanks much for keeping us notified with latest updates.

I noticed an issue with the spam quarantine, “Not Spam” button at the bottom of this page.

This button is currently NOT clickable upon hovering the mouse on top of it. However, it turns clickable on reaching the bottom area of this button, as a work around.

We had this issue way back in 2020 and later it got fixed but now seeing the same issue again.

Regards,

Rupesh

Cisco Community, Support Team

Screenshot (158).png

Thanks for this Rupeshah - we got this sent to the dev team and I'm hopeful we can see this resolved in future updates.

rupeshah
Community Manager
Community Manager

"Not Spam” button at the bottom of Spam quarantine page works as expected. Thanks Tyler & Team for taking quick action on this.

Regards,

Rupesh

Gallifrean
Level 7
Level 7

Just trying it out from link on insiders page

jrsteele21
Spotlight
Spotlight

Can you add a sort option for "unanswered"?

@jrsteele21 wrote:

Can you add a sort option for "unanswered"?

Hi @jrsteele21 - 'can' depends a bit on where you'd like to see it added, will you let me know where it would be the most helpful for you?

In the mean time, we do have an Unanswered Questions page here, but I don't have a way for you to filter it at this point in time!

I'd like to see "unanswered" in the sorted by tab in whatever sub community i'm in.  For example, if i'm in the Webex Administration forum, i'd like to be able to see all the "unanswered" posts.  I read this forum and some others every morning and like to answer what i can.  

@jrsteele21 wrote:

I'd like to see "unanswered" in the sorted by tab in whatever sub community i'm in.  For example, if i'm in the Webex Administration forum, i'd like to be able to see all the "unanswered" posts.  I read this forum and some others every morning and like to answer what i can.  

Got it - thanks for the clarification @jrsteele21.  I'll get this suggested for a future enhancement

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links