cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Welcome to Cisco Community, reimagined!

Tyler Langston
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Our read-only phase is complete and we are happy to welcome you back to Cisco Community! You can read more about this project here, with a forthcoming FAQ as well. 

Things may look different but the core concept is still the same: this is your space to meet and engage with peers, ask questions, share projects and provide feedback.

While we have spent the last 96 hours implementing, QAT-ing and tweaking layouts and formats to make things ready for you, there's a probability that something may have been missed, or you find a new and creative way to do something we hadn't thought to do. 

As you come across these kinds of reports, or if you have suggestions for future enhancements, we invite you to leave a comment with details in the thread below. If you'll also include the following that will help us address it with our Developers quickly:

• URL of the board, post, group or space you encountered an issue with
  • Screenshot if applicable

While we can't guarantee that your specific suggestion will be implemented, it will help us guide the future of Cisco Community. 

43 Replies 43

Hi Tyler,

Do you have a roadmap of what will be fixed and when? I really like to see a couple of issues getting resolved sonner than later.

1-Window size issue when you try to answer a post. It is currently very small, and you can't see more than a couple of lines.

2-The name of the last person who responded to the post without the need to open the post and look through it.

Thanks,

Reza

@Reza Sharifi wrote:

Hi Tyler,

Do you have a roadmap of what will be fixed and when? I really like to see a couple of issues getting resolved sonner than later.

1-Window size issue when you try to answer a post. It is currently very small, and you can't see more than a couple of lines.

2-The name of the last person who responded to the post without the need to open the post and look through it.

Thanks,

Reza

Hi @Reza Sharifi - There are two releases planned for August (early and mid) that will have a host of fixes and feature enhancements. I don't want to go into explicit detail about what is slated to be released when, just in case dev hits a roadblock. 

However, at a high level:

1.  Window size issue when you try to answer a post. It is currently very small, and you can't see more than a couple of lines.

• This isn't something that made it on our list, I will scope and add it for consideration in a future release. In the mean time you are able to use the lower right hand corner to drag the text window to be something more reasonable for you (screenshot below).

2. The name of the last person who responded to the post without the need to open the post and look through it.

• This is an enhancement queued up for release in August

Thanks!

This should be click-and-draggable. If it gives you any headaches please let me know!This should be click-and-draggable. If it gives you any headaches please let me know!

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for the prompt response!

Regarding #1, Not sure if it is me or not, but I am not able to drag the window and make it any larger. I tried dragging it sideways and down but no luck.

Good to know #2 will be fixed in August.

Reza

Thanks for the update @Reza Sharifi - you won't be able to drag it sideways, only down. Could you let me know more about how you are accessing community? If you will let me know your browser and version I can take it back to the dev team to evaluate!

Tyler,

I use Chrome and the version is:

Version 103.0.5060.134 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Thanks,

Reza

@Reza Sharifi wrote:

Hi Tyler,

Thanks,

Reza

Hi @Reza Sharifi - the first August release happened this week, and the 'last reply by' links were returned to conversations at the board level. You'll be able to see who last replied, and clicking the 'last reply' hyperlink will take you to that reply.

Still trying to isolate the window sizing issue, dev has asked if you experience this in any other browsers or just in Chrome?

I totally agree with you. There must be a "unanswered" option that will help us to to see all latest unanswered posts.

Thanks for your words @Tyler Langston, It rally helped me.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looks like some messages are reposting way back one . like 2020 coming as new....why ?

example :

image.png

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi @balaji.bandi - the 'Recent Activity' component looks at the most recent topics or replies, which is a reason you could be seeing some older topics in the Recent Activity. 

Also there are some teams going through and posting historical content now that we're on the newer layout (in Videos and Knowledge Bases especially). 

Thanks!

carlos.ruizr
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you very much, I love to see this

rupeshah
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tyler,

Happy Thursday!!

I consolidated the list of things we observed and would like to highlight in the Cisco Community as below:

• Icon of any discussion being posted by the user is displayed but the “blog icon rupeshah_0-1657859183608.png” of the blog posted by the user is not displayed, please refer to the below screenshot -rupeshah_1-1657859183622.png
  • “Blog icon rupeshah_0-1657859183608.png” are also not displayed in the notifications feedrupeshah_5-1657859589167.png, please refer to the below screenshot -   rupeshah_4-1657859183651.png
  • The description uploaded by any user under his/her user profile is not appearing, please refer to the below screenshot -rupeshah_6-1657859718442.png

Hi @rupeshah - thanks for the blog icon heads-up! I hadn't seen that one yet, I'll get that reported. 

Bios not displaying are something that's on our radar and looking into a fix.

This could help us more in page and layout thanks!

jrsteele21
Spotlight
Spotlight

This might have been suggested already but the title of the forum post should be a different color to signify that it is clickable.  I find myself moving my mouse around for a little trying to click when looking at the snapshot of multiple posts because the letters are black like the written content and other things on the page.

Capture.PNG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links