cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2 UCCX cluster on same region can share Call Control Group CTI port in 1 CUCM Cluster

ledj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm just new on UCCX deployment. I just want to understand configuration requirements. Hope you could help me understand on this.

We have 1 UCCX and CUCM cluster running in 1 region. For expansion our company wanted to put another UCCX cluster to support a new project on the same region those existing UCCX and CUCM cluster were deployed. The idea is to utilize the CUCM on that region for new UCCX as well. So the set up is 2 UCCX Cluster and 1 CUCM. I've come across the configuration of New UCCX Cluster under Call Control. My question is it possible that both Old and New UCCX Cluster can share the same Range for DNs assigned on each CTI Port per cluster in the same CUCM? or should i assign a different range of DNs for all the CTI Ports allocated for New UCCX Cluster? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That’s right. The CTI Route Points (Triggers) and CTI ports should be different in the old and new cluster

Hope this Helps
Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
It needs to be different. Good luck.

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi there

Unified CM Telephony Triggers (CTI Route Points) and CTI ports should be different across Unified CCX clusters.

See the considerations under chapter “Multiple Cisco Unified CCX Clusters Integrated with a Single Cisco Unified Communications Manager Cluster”

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_11_6/design/guide/uccx_b_uccx-solution-design-guide.html

Hope this Helps
Cheers
Rath!

Hi Ratheesh

Correct me if I'm wrong so these means that the range of DNs currently configured from existing UCCX cluster CTI port can no longer be assigned on New UCCX cluster with its new range of CTI ports?

Any response from you is much appreciated.

That’s right. The CTI Route Points (Triggers) and CTI ports should be different in the old and new cluster

Hope this Helps
Cheers
Rath!

Hi Ratheesh,

Thanks you for confirming. This helps alot.