Views
Helpful
Replies

3rd party socialminer api

mkarta
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

We have a 3rd party application that use finesse API, now we want to implement a chat in our app.

We have managed to work with the chat directly from the finesse desktop but how can we implement it into our application?

As far as I understand the socialminer developer guide is only for customers and not agents, am I correct?

For Example: how do I set agent status to ready to receive chat?

How do I get the chat events to an agent? Can I use the xmpp connection?

There's no way to integrate with socialminer or am I missing something?

Should I develop chat app myself?

Any tips and guides are welcome.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

There are Finesse APIs available to change the agent's state for chat: https://developer.cisco.com/docs/finesse/#!media-apis

You can also subscribe to the media id to get the events, but the notifications doesn't include the actual content of the media.

What I mean is that you will not get the text back and forth between the agent and the customer.

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

LanDownUnda
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Mkarta,

• The Finesse API can be used for Agent Control such as Agent States. I recommend reading the  documentation for changing Agent States via the Finesse API here
  • It sounds like your looking to integrate both SocialMiner and the capabilities of the Finesse API together to solve a problem. What sort of requirements do you have? Is there a particular problem your trying to solve with both of these solutions being integrated together?

*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***

The Finesse API is used only for telephony control agent states, it doesn't control the "Ready for Chat an Email" like in the Finesse desktop.

As I mention, I want to receive the chat events from the xmpp just like I receive the telephony events.

Currently I subscribe to messageReceived events, maybe I need to subscribe to other events to get those ones?

http://thekrakes.com/xmpp/doc/api/symbols/jabberwerx.Client.html

That is not a bad idea to subscribe to the other events and see what you can pull from?
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***

Hi,

There are Finesse APIs available to change the agent's state for chat: https://developer.cisco.com/docs/finesse/#!media-apis

You can also subscribe to the media id to get the events, but the notifications doesn't include the actual content of the media.

What I mean is that you will not get the text back and forth between the agent and the customer.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi dekwan,

I read the doc, and I found that change agent state are only available on UCCE (we have UCCX) plus needs to be version greater than 10.6 (which some of our clients don't have).

And if you are saying that the messages are not even pass on the events between agent and a customer, there's no way to implement it.

So I guess the best solution is to develop our own chat.

Thank you!