Views
Helpful
Replies

A Call Distribution in UCCX like Line Group

AlirezaR
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Actually, I have a Customer who uses UCCX 12.5.1 and everything has been configured in UCCX. Before that, The Customer has had A CUC Call handler And a Top-Down Line Group in CUCM. Now The customer wants the same situation in line group for the UCCX call distribution. I know that we have Most skill, circular, linear, Longest available and others strategy in UCCX. But, they persist on a method like Top-Down line Group in UCCX. Or in other words, A loop solution. If anybody can help or have a solution, I appreciate it.

Thanks,

5 Replies 5

There's no real good way to do this targeting agents directly one by one in the script. This is not a real call center solution. Another option would be to use skill levels and skill your agents from lowest to most and have CCX route lowest to highest.

david

Dmytro Benda
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @AlirezaR ,

But isn't the Linear agent selection what you are looking for? This is what Cisco says about the Linear selection:

Linear - Selects the next available agent in the resource group. This is a top-down ordered list. 

My Cisco Unified Communications Blog

Hi Dmytro,

Thanks for your information. But the linear solution is only ringing the first two agents when they are available, and the customer wants that the Call become continuously whenever they answer or not. Exactly like a loop. The other solution is to choose linear and configure the UCCX server as not ready. However, that customer does not accept it.  

With Available I assume that you mean in Ready state? If so CCX will only deliver a call to an agent who is in that state. It’s the basic nature of how a contract center operates. If you’re customer does not accept this they need to look elsewhere to achieve what they want as a CC service is not what they want or need.

Response Signature

Hi @AlirezaR ,

But at the moment I am confused what you requirements are. So let me share how I see this situation. You try to build something similar to CUCM Line Group (Hunting) operation, right? If so, the Line Group with Top Down works as follows (assume the we have phones with DNs 1001, 1002, 1003 in this LG):
- the call comes to 1001 first, if 1001 is in idle state then it rings and if the user doesn't answer the call is redirected to 1002. If 1001 is busy the call goes to 1002 immediately. 
- if 1002 doesn't answer or busy the call is redirected to 1003.
- if 1003 doesn't answer or busy the call is redirected to another Line Group if it exists in your Hunt List. If not the call fails or your can configure a final call forward too. 
- the next call comes to 1002 and so on only in case if 1001 doesn't answer or busy. Otherwise with TopDown every next call rings at 1001. 

Now let's try to build same logic with the UCCX script and settings. So, let's create a Resource Group with Linear Agent distribution and include Agent1 (1001), Agent2 (1002) and Agent3 (1003) to this Resource Group. Then we have to create a CSQ and point this CSQ to our Resource Group. When the call arrives to the CSQ, it is expected to make call treatment this way:
- if Agent1 is in Ready state, the Agent1 is Reserved and 1001 rings. Agent 1 can answer the call. 
- if Agent1 is in Not Ready state, the call is distributed to Agent2 (of course if Agent2 is Ready too). 
- if Agent1 doesn't answer the call, UCCX will change his state to Not Ready. Then you have to implement Ringing on No Answer treatment (use Failed branch of the Select Resource step and return your call to the CSQ, also you must increase call priority). 
- if Agent2 is in Not Ready state the call will be send to Agent3
- if Agent3 is not Ready the call will placed in Queue and the customer will hear Queue announcement/MOH
- every new call will come to Agent1 if he is Ready.   

Is this what your customer need? If not please describe your situation more clearly. 

My Cisco Unified Communications Blog