Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AA and IVR on UCCX

Hello all,

I am trying to move the date/time of day logic from CUC to UCCX, because I believe UCCX is more flexible and scalable. UCCX is used by only one department with around 10 users, while all the other group calls are managed by CUCM and Hunt Groups.

Total IVR Port(s): 100

Cisco Unified CCX Enhanced Seat(s): 10

So what I want to do is: When a Hunt Group call comes to Call Manager then it will be forwarded to UCCX. The Contact Center Server will check date and time and then forward calls Hunt Group (opening hours) or to CUC (out of hours).

Do you think this setup is feasible?

Considering that we have no more than 40 concurrent calls, the total IVR ports license should be ok?

Also when I create an Application Script is asking me for Call Control Group.
Any advice of how can this be set since no Call Control Group is actually associated with this Script.

Untitled picture.png

Any feedback would be really appreciated.

Theo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello there,

To simplify the configuration, I will configure all these hunt group pilot numbers (customer facing numbers) as CTI RP in Cisco call manager and this will trigger the UCCX script, following a time of the day check in UCCX and forward to dummy hunt pilot number where all the required line group members are assigned or CUC to leave a message. I will avoid forward from HuntPilot to a trigger. 

Based on your call volume and number of agents, I strongly believe the IVR ports should be fine. 

you definitely required call control group which is a group of CTI ports in Cisco call manager and it is used to serve the calls when it arrives at UCCX. when you create a call control group in UCCX, this will automatically create corresponding CTI ports in UCM. You can configure the call control group as follows; From UCCX administration, follow Subsystems > Unified CM Telephony > Call Control Group

I hope above may help you further. 

Regards,

Shalid 

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Hello there,

To simplify the configuration, I will configure all these hunt group pilot numbers (customer facing numbers) as CTI RP in Cisco call manager and this will trigger the UCCX script, following a time of the day check in UCCX and forward to dummy hunt pilot number where all the required line group members are assigned or CUC to leave a message. I will avoid forward from HuntPilot to a trigger. 

Based on your call volume and number of agents, I strongly believe the IVR ports should be fine. 

you definitely required call control group which is a group of CTI ports in Cisco call manager and it is used to serve the calls when it arrives at UCCX. when you create a call control group in UCCX, this will automatically create corresponding CTI ports in UCM. You can configure the call control group as follows; From UCCX administration, follow Subsystems > Unified CM Telephony > Call Control Group

I hope above may help you further. 

Regards,

Shalid 

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: