cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Access agent status in realtime (snapshots)

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

Is it supported to query i.e. the Resource and AgentStateDetail tables realtime (snapshots), like every 10 seconds?

I know these tables are only readable by the uccxhruser, just wondering what the support is to do this..

6 Replies 6

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

forgot to mention it's for a UCCX8.5

Hi,

this means you want to take a copy (~snapshot) of the whole AgentStateDetail table - this might mean a huge amount of information. Why would you need that? Can you please give us more details?

G.

Hi,

I am planning to grab only the most recent event for each agent to know their current status, this will need to be used for a wallboard application showing CSQ and Agent details

cheers

Hi Sascha

I've had a few discussions over the years about this.

The short answer seems to be that the only supported (i.e. guaranteed, and that TAC will help you with if it isn't performing correctly) access you get is to the realtime tables (rtcsqssummary/rtwhatevertheothertableis). They are updated in the interval specified in the appadmin pages, and are intended to be read that often.

If you are reading from the 'other' tables, these are designed for historical reporting only. This means that:

- they arent' guaranteed to be updated in any particular timeframe. Typically they are near real-time, but I once had a TAC case where they weren't updated for 20+ minutes in some cases and we were told that this was 'as designed'. As the wallboard in question was querying tables in an 'unsupported' fashion they also wanted to blame the wallboard for causing the issue in the first place...

- you aren't really supposed to use them for real-time updates. That's why the uccxwallboarduser doesn't have access - though again, every wallboard program I've seen uses uccxhruser as there simply isn't enough useful info in the standard realtime tables.

IMO Cisco should really add to those realtime tables as variations on agent state is a fairly basic requirement for most wallboards and it makes sense for the stats to be sat in a simple table rather than having lots of developers writing queries of varying quality/performance against the other tables...

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

What I don't understand is that if you go the the Real Time Reporting page in appadmin,

you can view Resource Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Stats,

which have the Agent Name and State....is this coming from the same table?

What is the support of these stats?

(the admin guide says "Use the Resource Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Stats real-time report to view real-time Unified Contact CCX resource information.")

I would say that if that is a supported page, we should be able to grab the same details from an external application in realtime....

We have a client who really want this, but am a bit worried about support of the visible data

regards

Sascha

Hi

Those stats are probably produced from some in-memory db or other construct - they're not in db_cra.

I wouldn't worry about it too much - but I would write in a method of disabling the stuff outside of the 'realtime' tables in case your customer needs to deal with TAC so they still get some data in that scenario.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!