Views
Helpful
Replies

Active directory authentication for finesse 11.0 agents

Josh Kurtz
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All,

Is it possible to have contact center agents (not just supervisors) authenticate to active directory? I am not showing anything in the finesse admin guide.

Thanks!

Josh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Prior to 11.5 - CUIC is the only application with LDAP authenticated login for the supervisors. For LDAP authentication to Finesse (agent or supervisor role), you MUST have SSO which is available starting 11.5.

Just a quick background - SSO component in ICM is called IdS (Identity Server) which can be installed either in co-resident Model (CUIC/LiveData/IdS).IdS talks to Identity provider (LDAP).

So as long as you are in 2000 Agents deployment model - you don't even need extra VM for SSO - you can combine that with your CUIC VM when you migrate to 11.5.

Lets say - you got an existing standalone CUIC VMas of today, when you intend to migrate to 11.5 - there is a migration path to go from "11.0 standalone CUIC" to "11.5 coresident CUIC/LiveData/IdS"

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Piyush Verma
Level 4
Level 4

Single Sign-On is the answer but that was introduced in UCCE 11.5.

Thanks for the info! 

Do you know if its possible to link users (agents) between AD and ICM? Not just for supervisors. 

I saw the SSO feature in the later version, but we don't have that infrastructure stood up yet, not sure if there is an easier way to bridge the gap till we get to 11.5 or 6.

Thanks again for the help!

Prior to 11.5 - CUIC is the only application with LDAP authenticated login for the supervisors. For LDAP authentication to Finesse (agent or supervisor role), you MUST have SSO which is available starting 11.5.

Just a quick background - SSO component in ICM is called IdS (Identity Server) which can be installed either in co-resident Model (CUIC/LiveData/IdS).IdS talks to Identity provider (LDAP).

So as long as you are in 2000 Agents deployment model - you don't even need extra VM for SSO - you can combine that with your CUIC VM when you migrate to 11.5.

Lets say - you got an existing standalone CUIC VMas of today, when you intend to migrate to 11.5 - there is a migration path to go from "11.0 standalone CUIC" to "11.5 coresident CUIC/LiveData/IdS"

Thank you very much for the info!

Hi Piyush,

I have this problem too, even SSO is not going to help here. I have eGain implementation integrated with UCCE. Agent ID's are created in UCCE and mapped with eGain ( Integrated agents). How to achieve the password policy requirement in this case. Customer is highlighting it as big risk and we are under pressure to implement the password policy. Highly appreciate any help on this.

eGain Version : 15.5.3

UCCE Version : 11.5

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: