cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Added HA Node to UCCX 10.6(1)SU3 Finesse Redundancy

joeharb
Level 5
Level 5

We have a deployment that is using Finesse only and added an HA node to the environment.  Finesse has been activated on the new HA node and everything appears to be in service.  Can receive inbound calls with HA node is Master.  Ran the client update files (although I thought this only affects CAD), but no change, if the first node is master you can sign into finesse without issue, I would expect that there would some certificate prompts as we are currently using the self signed certs, but nothing.  When logged in and the first node is rebooted the Finesse screen says Please wait for a reachable Finesse server.

Are there additional steps that need to be performed to allow for Finesse HA?

Thanks,

Joe

5 Replies 5

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Not that I can recall.

And you are correct that the client update files are 100% CAD related and do not affect Finesse.

I cannot decipher from your description whether or not you failed over to the HA node and attempted to login to Finesse there. If so, what was the result?

You could always looks at the Finesse client logs to see what it might tell you. Do you know how to get those?

Update:

Ok, the original test was I was logged into Finesse on the primary node and rebooted it...agent never failed over but gave the warning that it was looking for the next available server...never switched...I rebooted the HA node and client connected again...

So both nodes have been rebooted after the running the CAD update...I now sign in and i get certificate prompts for the self signed node of the HA server...could the reboot of the cluster after the update had an effect?

Thanks,

Joe

To update certificates, you will need to restart all tomcat instances on UCCX.

Reboot makes it 😊

Kostia

Yes, I understand the tomcat and notification services will update certificates, originally I wasn’t even seeing a connection attempted to HA node. After enabling finesse on the HA, would a cluster reboot be needed, I know you are prompted to reboot that specific node, but this didn’t start working until both nodes were rebooted. 

The documentation does say to reboot the server after using the command:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_6/maintain_and_operate/guide/UCCX_BK_UAC60444_00_uccx-operations-guide-106/UCCX_BK_UAC60444_00_uccx-operations-guide_appendix_0100.html#UCCX_TP_C8144EC2_00

However, it doesn't say a cluster reboot is needed. It just has some confusing language about rebooting and restarting services, which doesn't make any sense. Maybe it was trying to say, "and restart all nodes?"