Views
Helpful
Replies

Admin Scripts

Roys1994
Level 1
Level 1

Dear experts,

I need some clarfications on ICM admin scripts, i can see they are three frequency  sections like seconds , mintues and hours to run the scripts,  so if i set some data in admin scripts to pass into IVR through routing scripts,

for example if i set the frequency in hours,

1. so whenever this admin scripts executing the repective data will pass through IVR right ? 

2.one hours sechduled is over then waiting for next hours to runt the scripts in between these intervals admin scripts will not pass any value based on exisiting logic?

how this process will be ?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No.

So if admin script A sets a value to a variable Z = "Yes" for instance, and it runs once an hour, any other scripts that call upon variable Z will see it has a value of Yes. So if you set it to Yes at 8am and some call comes in at 815am that checks that variable's value, it will be Yes.

Then, if you have your admin script change the variable Z to be "No" (like say it is for hours of operation, so it sets it to Yes from 9am-5pm) at 9am, once the script runs at 9am, then all subsequent checks of variable Z will be No, whether it is 901, 915, etc.

Basically, it is much like any other variable in ICM, once you set it to a value, it will stay that way until it is overwritten. You don't need to have your admin script run every second, in some cases it is sufficient to run once an hour or even once a day. Once a minute is needed on occasion.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

No.

So if admin script A sets a value to a variable Z = "Yes" for instance, and it runs once an hour, any other scripts that call upon variable Z will see it has a value of Yes. So if you set it to Yes at 8am and some call comes in at 815am that checks that variable's value, it will be Yes.

Then, if you have your admin script change the variable Z to be "No" (like say it is for hours of operation, so it sets it to Yes from 9am-5pm) at 9am, once the script runs at 9am, then all subsequent checks of variable Z will be No, whether it is 901, 915, etc.

Basically, it is much like any other variable in ICM, once you set it to a value, it will stay that way until it is overwritten. You don't need to have your admin script run every second, in some cases it is sufficient to run once an hour or even once a day. Once a minute is needed on occasion.