cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Agent Selection using skills and a timer ? Reporting Issue.

fredmart
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone.

Our Manager wants a way that people with IT issues call the help desk and the following needs to happen.

It will be in the queue for up to two minutes for Level 1 to pickup the call. 

Then it will be in the queue for another two minutes where level 1 and 2 can receive the call. 

Then it will be in the queue for another two minutes where level 1 2 and 3 can receive the call.

At first, I did it using 3 queue and currentwaiting time

Set CSQ = Level 1 for 2 minutes, then set CSQ = Level 2, then set CSQ = Level 3.

Level 1 agents will have Level 1, 2 and 3 skills, Level 2 will have 2,3 skills and Level 3 will have only level 3 skills.

The issues : Is that it make the report complicated because call in Level 1 queue that will go past 2 minutes will be in two reports. Making the call number for the day inacurate.

My question :

Is it possible to have only one queue, with level 1 having skill level 10, level 2 having skill level 9 and level 3 having skill number 8 and telling uccx not to send the call to agents with less than 10 for the first 2 min, then less 9 for the two next, etc...

Thank you for your time.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AFAIK there is no way to do this.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

AFAIK there is no way to do this.

Response Signature

@Roger Kallberg is correct that there is no way to do that with a single queue. Some of this has to do with how your script is written. It is possible that a contact can be queued to more than one CSQ. I am pretty sure that the way it would look in reporting is that it would be a dequeue if the contact was in a CSQ, but got connected via a different CSQ. My personal leaning would be to programmatically dequeue it from one CSQ, and then queue to a different one. Your agents would need the appropriate skill(s) for the different CSQ's. The level 1 agents would have all three skills, level 2 agents would have 2 skills, and level 3 agents would have a single skill. The other thing is that would change the time in queue, so you would want to increment the contact priority each time you dequeue it and move it to a new CSQ. Otherwise those callers will keep getting pushed further to the back of the line.

Hi Elliot,

Thanks for replying,

I was wondering, if someone calls and is in the queue L1 for 2 minutes than go Into the L2 Queue for 1 minutes but someone came in 30 seconds after me in L1, will they be answered first ? Are you saying that the time is resetted when the caller is dequeue and recue ?

Thanks

The call of the highest active priority that has been waiting the longest will get answered first. If you dequeue from one CSQ and then queue to a different CSQ, the waiting time resets. That is why I mentioned increasing the priority when the dequeue/requeue happens. I know it is possible to leave a call queued to multiple CSQ's, but I have never implemented it that way. I THINK that would show up as a dequeue in the other queues, but I am not positive of that. My personal preference would be to explicitly dequeue and requeue. That way the dequeues on the report would give you an idea of how many calls were overflowing.

Thanks, 

I confirm that the call show as a dequeue when removed from a queue and queued in another one and as an incoming call on the new queue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: