cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AQM and Extension Mobility - Phone Based Recording

afaudale
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to understand how to properly configure AQM phone based recording with Extension Mobility. I have been able to get call recording working with a phone that is hard set with an extension and associated to a user account. However, all of our agents use extension mobility as they float desks often. What I don't understand is the line on the phones are set to auto DNs and when I configure them for call recording, I am still unable to pull them into AQM. I'm assuming I am doing this incorrectly, and I have been through the configuration guide and administration guide and can't seem to find a clear answer on how to properly set this up.

I do have all the device profiles pulled into AQM users assigned to their appropriate device profiles. But I don't see the phones available to pull in when I search. I do see events in the event logs that say "QM2024 [SEVERE] The user Jane Doe with user loginjdoe is licensed, however not correctly configured for recording."

CUCM - 11.5.1

AQM - 11.5.1

Thanks in advance for the help!

18 Replies 18

I noticed if you searched in the VoIP table and the search did not return any entries then you would get the error pop up. That suggested to me your search was returning values but AQM was not displaying them. I also noticed the SQL search was returning the extension and the partition. That is why I wondered if the problem was the partition.

I have never seen a problem with the directory number and I have seen a few hundred phones loaded all with the same extension on the phone.

This is the SQL AQM is running against the UCM Pub. Change the 66 in LIKE UPPER('%66')  to the last two digits of your phone MAC address. Login the UCM Pub CLI and run the query and see what it comes back with

run sql SELECT DISTINCT D.name AS name, NP.dNOrPattern AS extension, PT.moniker AS profType, RP.name as partition FROM Device AS D JOIN typedeviceprofile AS PT ON D.tkdeviceprofile = PT.enum LEFT JOIN DeviceNumPlanMap AS M ON M.fkDevice = D.pkid LEFT JOIN NumPlan AS NP ON NP.pkid = M.fkNumPlan LEFT JOIN RoutePartition RP ON NP.fkRoutePartition = RP.pkid WHERE (PT.moniker = 'DEVICE_PROFILE_REAL_DEVICE' AND (UPPER(D.name) LIKE 'SEP%' OR UPPER(D.name) LIKE 'CSF%' OR UPPER(D.name) LIKE 'CIPC%' OR UPPER(D.name) LIKE 'IPC%')) AND UPPER(D.name) LIKE UPPER('%66') ORDER BY D.name, NP.dNOrPattern

Graham

Here is the CLI output. The device that is in bold and underlined is the phone in question.

admin:run sql SELECT DISTINCT D.name AS name, NP.dNOrPattern AS extension, PT.moniker AS profType, RP.name as partition FROM Device AS D JOIN typedeviceprofile AS PT ON D.tkdeviceprofile = PT.enum LEFT JOIN DeviceNumPlanMap AS M ON M.fkDevice = D.pkid LEFT JOIN NumPlan AS NP ON NP.pkid = M.fkNumPlan LEFT JOIN RoutePartition RP ON NP.fkRoutePartition = RP.pkid WHERE (PT.moniker = 'DEVICE_PROFILE_REAL_DEVICE' AND (UPPER(D.name) LIKE 'SEP%' OR UPPER(D.name) LIKE 'CSF%' OR UPPER(D.name) LIKE 'CIPC%' OR UPPER(D.name) LIKE 'IPC%')) AND UPPER(D.name) LIKE UPPER('%3C') ORDER BY D.name, NP.dNOrPattern
name extension proftype partition
=============== ========= ========================== =============
SEP706BB900883C 31545 DEVICE_PROFILE_REAL_DEVICE CL_DN-1_PT
SEP706BB900B13C 31544 DEVICE_PROFILE_REAL_DEVICE CL_DN-1_PT
SEP706BB949C83C 6172 DEVICE_PROFILE_REAL_DEVICE CL_DN-Auto_PT
SEP706BB949CE3C NULL DEVICE_PROFILE_REAL_DEVICE NULL

Hi Graham,

We got this figured out. I guess during the configuration of the QM Server a couple months back, I configured a filter in Telephony Groups (filter button next to CDR Configuration button). In that filter I specifically added our Call Center DN range. I don't recall doing this but the documentation must have mentioned otherwise I would have never set that up. I apologize for wasting your time but I really appreciate your help through the troubleshooting process. Your insight was more helpful than Cisco TAC or Calabrio Support during this entire process.

Thank you sir!

I completely forgot about that filter it also sounds like Calabrio support forgot as well.

Good to hear you are now running OK.

Graham

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: