cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AQM/Calabrio Licensing

Jason Amick
Level 1
Level 1

Question in regards to AQM licensing.  Does anyone have any experience with adding additional AQM licensing to UCCX.  We are currently at our threshold of 350 and we reached out to our re-seller for and purchased 70 additional licenses for AQM.  We received the PAK from our re-seller and I have been back in forth with TAC and Calabrio on helping get this new license file fulfilled and installed.  I just want to be sure when I go to the cisco licensing portal to get the PAK fulfilled when it asks for a target node (Assign to Devices) that I should specify the MAC of the UCCX server?  Also I want to be sure that adding this new license file to UCCX that it is just adding additional AQM licenses and will not interfere with our current licenses/UCCX seats.  Does anyone have any prior experience with this?  Thanks!!

24 Replies 24

Deepak:

I did get the license file fulfilled from cisco and uploaded it to our UCCX server.  The AQM license count did increase by the correct amount.  I did receive the below message, do you have any idea which AQM services my need to be restarted.  Everything seems to be functioning as normal but I guess a certain service on the AQM base server needs to be restarted to recognize the license change on the UCCX side.  Thanks!!

Deepak:

Its possible that may be a bogus message as QM administrator does recognize the license count change to 420 AQM users. See below.

Hi Experts

I have a question about AQM licenses

I have 5 agents with 7821 telephones and they want to add one more line to your phone by management requirement,

My question is about the AQM
If I add a second line to the phone, do I also have to add 5 more licenses for those calls to be recorded

If those 5 devices are setup already in QM, then adding another line on those extensions - doesn't require additional QM licenses. Its a user specific license which gets associated with a device (not DN based) - you should be fine.

All you have to do is - add a recording profile on that new DN (in CUCM) if using Network recording.

Thanks for clarifying my question,
I thought that the AQM licenses were based on the lines that you want to record,

I just did the test and if you are recording calls from both lines

5+

Mr W
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Jason,

Do you by any chance have a step by step deployment guide for WFO 11.5? I have the cisco install guide but I was wondering as you have installed this maybe you could help me.

Thanks.

Hi Experts, a query,
To license AQM - Calabrio, do the phones that I want to record calls necessarily have to work together with UCCX? Or can I record calls from any Cisco phone, for example, if I am asked to record calls from an administrative user and is not registered with UCCX?
Uses CUCM 10.5 and AQM 10.5

Can I record your calls?

Regards.

Carlos P

Carlos,

From my experience with AQM you should be able to do it the following way;

The phone information that AQM has comes from CUCM. The user information comes from UCCX. Therefore to do what you are looking to do, you would have to register the device under VoIP devices in the AQM platform, create a user in AQM and license the user and then create a workflow for that user that records the calls. The phone will need to be set up the same as the UCCX users, i.e. BiB, recording enabled device, etc. AQM gets the SIP traffic regardless if the phone is configured correctly but, configuring the user correctly is how AQM will know what to do with that traffic.

Let me know how it goes. Good luck.

Hi Jason,
So from what you tell me about your experience, have you set up AQM but with UCCX?
Have you ever set up AQM with a phone that is not configured with UCCX? I have been asked to record calls from an administrative user. That's why I make the query.

Regards.

Carlos.

Hi Carlos,

Yes, just as I listed out there, accept for a few things I forgot to list.

You need to create a user and a supervisor in AQM for. Then you need to create a QM team and add them to that team and then create the workflow. Do not forget to assign the devices you are recording to the JTAPI and RMCM application users in CUCM too. 

Let me know how it goes. There are a lot of little steps, and if you get stuck I can help, but it does work just fine.

Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: