Views
Helpful
Replies

Audio issue when answering calls with Finesse & Jabba

Matt McLean
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Currently trying to trouble shoot an issue. Recently installed Jabba (12.9.6) which is working as intended, can make and receive calls without issue. When using finesse in conjunction with Jabba to answer a call (using the finesse answer button) the call connects but there is no audio heard by either the call taker or call maker. 

Has anyone experienced this issue before, or have any guidance on ow to resolve?

Any information greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Matt

8 Replies 8

Hey

Just so i understand it.

• Direct calls to jabber extension, where you answer the call in jabber works perfect with sound.
  • Direct calls to jabber extension, where you answer the call in finesse doesn't works with sound.

or is the problem only on Contact Center calls ?

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.

Hi Thomas.

Thanks for the reply.

correct, the Issue is on direct calls to the agent number when answering via finesse. The agent is in not ready mode (I've not tried in ready mode as yet on account of it not working in not ready mode).

Call answering via finesse works fine when not being using in conjunction with Jabba.

Thanks again.

Matt

Something's not right then. If the agent is not ready in Finesse and you try and send them a call, they shouldn't get it, the call should queue. Or are you referring to agent to agent direct calls? We've seen an issue where agent was in do not disturb with Jabber and agent couldn't get the call for instance. So make sure you're ready/available in Jabber and use Finesse to determine when you can get ACD/queue calls.

Hi Bill,

Yes, agent to agent calls, I've not attempted queue calls yet as I assumed they would have the same audio issue. I will test tomorrow to confirm. Jabba was in the ready state when attempting the calls. I've replicated my settings onto the agents system (I don't have any audio issues), the only difference is our headsets. But given the headset works with jabba calls it makes me think its a finesse issue. I will go back and review all the settings to make sure I haven't missed something. 

Thanks for the assistance.

Hi, another thing you might be able to try based on the headset is use it with a physical phone, to eliminate that out of the equation.
And this might be a dumb question on my part, but you're talking about Cisco Jabber, not Jabra headsets right? Or both?

@bill.king1 I read it as it is direct calls to the agent extension.. Not CC calls

Thanks, Thomas G. J.

Hey Matt

Have you tried to pres CTRL+SHIFT+s under a call that doesn't have audio.

Here you can see the network traffic - if any :-).

Please post a screendump of that.

and also with a call that has audio. (So we can compare)

Thanks, Thomas G. J.

Thanks Thomas, I'll do that tomorrow, and post the results.